New York February NYC Meet-Up/ Eighth Annual Camera Beauty Contest

I wonder who's coming for this meet-up and if the weather / superbowl will affect it.

John,

Yesterday Joe asked if I was going. LOL. No Lie.

Well the whole world is rather strange of late. Sadly I walked past the big Mosque on 96th and Third this morning and saw a shrine for the people who were killed in Quebec City. Broke my heart.

The print I will be giving away of the Woman's March is worth coming to see. The print is that good in every way, and someone will take it home.

Despite my life being so frenetic and not so relaxing, my only real complaint is that January went by like a blink of an eye. Scary how the speed of my life, and it is kinda like finding out how fast a car can go, a bit dangerous, but exciting at the same time. Anyways I feel very alive.

Anyways I intend of creating a speck-tick-Cal. When I was a performing artist back in the day, I sometimes performed to crowds in spaces that held only standing room only that violated fire codes, and also to small intimate groups, but the show must go on.

I know Monday is this huge "All Woman's Project" party that is kinda like a fancy gallery opening, but with finger food. Lyn expects mucho creatures from the world of fashion, and she was allowed to invite 6 people as guests.

I'll be doing the pit stop at the Leica Store SoHo to pick up the 24mm-90mm lens.

Then on Wednesday there is some other big event. Anyways this is all pre-Fashion Week. I'm considering taking off of work next Thursday and Friday because Thursday through Sunday will be the 4 biggest days of Fashion Week.

So far no yeah or Nay on the possible Thursday-Friday shoot that requires a plane trip, but already Lyn has hooked up with a designer and will be dressed in the designer's clothes, if approved by her agent.

Yesterday Lyn got a package of clothes that she selected from the sponsor of the All Woman's Project that she must wear to Monday's event. Luckily Monday's party is in SoHo and not far from the Leica Store.

Anyways, everyday a new surprise.

Cal

Gentlemen,
It looks like I should be able to attend, if everything falls in place. Will bring several interesting SLRs this time. Also, I did some gear trading and will be bringing a very unusual lens in LTM with M adapter.

Gentlemen,
It looks like I should be able to attend, if everything falls in place. Will bring several interesting SLRs this time. Also, I did some gear trading and will be bringing a very unusual lens in LTM with M adapter.

Sam,

I found another 35/1.8 Nikkor in LTM. I will bring it to the Camera Circus just to annoy people. Know that now I own two of the reported 1700 ever made in LTM, and the "You suck factor" is that I bought my second lens at of all places B&H just last month and for a price of $999.00.

Anyways this treasured lens I was forced to buy due to the price/misprice. There is oil on the blades, but no trace of haze. It would be good to get a consult from you.

Anyways let the trash talking begin. LOL.

"I suck." LOL.

Cal

Sam,

I found another 35/1.8 Nikkor in LTM. I will bring it to the Camera Circus just to annoy people. Know that now I own two of the reported 1700 ever made in LTM, and the "You suck factor" is that I bought my second lens at of all places B&H just last month and for a price of $999.00.

Anyways this treasured lens I was forced to buy due to the price/misprice. There is oil on the blades, but no trace of haze. It would be good to get a consult from you.

"I suck." LOL.

Cal

Cal,
Congratulations, thats a fantastic deal. I would like to take a look at it. I have 35/1.8 W Nikkor shimmed to use on Contax cameras. Originally, it was made to be used on Nikons. Usually, oil on blades does nothing at all in rangefinder lenses.

My Pentacon/180 Sonnar Bazooka will not be making appearance on Sunday due to limited space in my backpack, but cameras that are coming are very rare/unusual. Their identity remains secret until Sunday.

Wait you paid $999??? I just saw one on fred miranda for 400!!!

Sam,

"I suck." LOL.

Cal

Gentlemen,

Awesome. We only get to see you on a yearly basis:D. Also, do you know if Martys has shut down?

Non-FAKE-NEWS: So I know I am a Smut Queen. John put up my avitar and labled me a "Camera Whore." Initially I took this as an insult, but I can't argue with the truth, and it is true, "I am a camera whore." LOL.

So John really knows me. LOL.

But here is the smutty part. Someone in our group is a real sneaky photographer. I promised not to mention or identify the person or cameras but I can tell you someone has been worse than me as far as GAS and has been a really bad-bad boy. Anyways, this person who will not be named, is perhaps crazier than me. You know what they say, "Look out for the quiet ones. They are the worse." And know that this is coming from me. LOL.

Anyways expect a shameful display of GAS and rare vintage cameras.

Anyways, Sam you have been warned to be on the lookout for the surprise brace of rare and vintage cameras, and it seems this individual has the taste for cameras in pristine condition like me.

So as a new contest I will start the "Loud SLR" competition as a reason to bring out my Pentax 67 II. In this competition the louder the better. LOL.

Cal

Wait you paid $999??? I just saw one on fred miranda for 400!!!

Pro-Mone,

In LTM?

If so you should of bought it to triple or quadruple your money.

Likely not one of the 1700 made in LTM.

Hurry up and check.

BTW $999.00 is "No Money" for this lens. LOL. I know you hate this term. LOL.

Cal

Awesome. We only get to see you on a yearly basis:D. Also, do you know if Martys has shut down?

Pramodh,
Unfortunately, yes. Hugo went back to Ecuqdor, where he was diagnosed with cancer. He passed away two weeks later.
Moni was nver the same after this. He closed down in November. I haven't heard from him since.

Pramodh,
Unfortunately, yes. Hugo went back to Ecuqdor, where he was diagnosed with cancer. He passed away two weeks later.
Moni was nver the same after this. He closed down in November. I haven't heard from him since.

Hugo died???!!!! Damn... That's really sad. He did some good work especially with my pentax. Sad news...

Just checked. Ads taken down so it either sold or he deleted it. Oh well..

Pro-Mone,

In LTM?

If so you should of bought it to triple or quadruple your money.

Likely not one of the 1700 made in LTM.

Hurry up and check.

BTW $999.00 is "No Money" for this lens. LOL. I know you hate this term. LOL.

Cal

Of course I will be compelled to bring both LTM 35/1.8 Nikkors as forensic evidence.

Also know that my "new" 35/1.8 Nikkor in LTM is a "three" if you study numerology.

Because of the cool "creative" serial number the new lens has mojo.

Anyways I'm making a big deal over numbers, but realize that Sam defeated me last year in the "Cheap Camera Contest" by a few pennies. I will never forget the agony of defeat. LOL.

Anyways that camera that was given away as a prize has been treasured and will likely return to this event for a visit. I am pleased that the 2x3 Wee-Gee Jr camera got the use and love it deserves.

A little history is I found that camera at Housing Works just across the street from Puck Fair for $24.99, Sam's Champion camera also was purchased out on Long Island for $24.99, and it was only sales tax tht made me conceed to Sam.

But it was the will of the mob that gifted this grand prize to Bethanne for the Nikon F3 HP that was inherited. Oh-well.

Cal

Pramodh,

Sam,

I am sorry for your loss.

Cal

Was thinking the same a while ago while writing a post. Did a quick ethymology excercise on my mind and maybe:

Magdalene
Magda + Lene
Maggie (diminutive) + Lyn (diminutive)

Nice! Having couple of names handy without going into "impersonation" :D I used to have a middle school classmate named Cristina and she was cool with Cris... No way calling her Tina, "Tina is a grandma's name" she said.

Project Runaway lifestyle is something crazy. At moments the uncertainty is fun to ride, but for example I've been awaiting some job assignation and sometimes it does wreck trying to plan anything. Could have done my SE Asia trip a couple of times already, were it not for "tomorrow maybe something happens". I wouldn't complain if there was a cashflow in my case, which is nicely absent!
Best with the shooting of the event! So... besides Kim K. I would feel quite strange really, ha!

Jorde,

Another name I call Lyn of late is Coco because of the fashion reference, but also because that is the name Lyn's grandaughter calls her.

Anyways it is only the grand daughter and me that call her Coco.

Cal

Cal,

My Pentacon/180 Sonnar Bazooka will not be making appearance on Sunday due to limited space in my backpack, but cameras that are coming are very rare/unusual. Their identity remains secret until Sunday.

Sam,

Ahhh. A secret weapon. LOL.

Kinda funny that a little more than just two decades ago I brought into NYC the launcher for shoulder fired anti-tank weapon into NYC as a prop for a friend when I was doing performance art. Basically kept it out of sight in a black garbage bag and came pretty close to hitting some punk on Saint Marks that was going to run into me with the butt end. He and a couple of his friends decided to get rowdy running through a crowd and kicking over a trash can. I was ready to pool que this kid in the face with the butt end. Saint Marks was a bit rough back then.

Anyways kinda found it laying around at Grumman when I worked there and somehow I took it home. Kinda funny that I found a use for it years later. LOL. Wonder whatever happened to that launcher??? Anyways it was a good conversation piece to say bring to my friend's guitar shop on a Thursday afternoon.

Cal

Jorde,

Another name I call Lyn of late is Coco because of the fashion reference, but also because that is the name Lyn's grandaughter calls her.

Anyways it is only the grand daughter and me that call her Coco.

Cal

My theory wasn't too shabby but missed, ah!

Kids' giving names do stick around quite a bit. I had a friend whose 3 yo at the time brother ended calling me "Queyes" from "Quieres?", kid picked it up from being offered food. It stuck for years.

I used to irk family because I called my uncle by his name always. That's what I heard around house, so I called him by the same name as everyone did!

I see that the Cal fans club formed at the Piezography thread instead of here. If a Milan meet up was on the way, I'm not that far. Still, aside of a stop on a flight to Asia I've never been to Italy! Guilty!

NYC does seem a nice place for do gear trading -- in the economic speculative Wall Street way of course. Japan is another place that seems to have a lot of nice gear, and JCH does live off it.

P67II - Jay-SOS.

So with all my blogging on this thread today it is either me pumping up this thread; or at Lorelie's this Sunday will be a rather large flash mob because of the forensic analytics of number of views this thread has received today.

Anyways to all those lurkers out there: see you all Sunday.

Cal

My theory wasn't too shabby but missed, ah!

Kids' giving names do stick around quite a bit. I had a friend whose 3 yo at the time brother ended calling me "Queyes" from "Quieres?", kid picked it up from being offered food. It stuck for years.

I used to irk family because I called my uncle by his name always. That's what I heard around house, so I called him by the same name as everyone did!

I see that the Cal fans club formed at the Piezography thread instead of here. If a Milan meet up was on the way, I'm not that far. Still, aside of a stop on a flight to Asia I've never been to Italy! Guilty!

NYC does seem a nice place for do gear trading -- in the economic speculative Wall Street way of course. Japan is another place that seems to have a lot of nice gear, and JCH does live off it.

P67II - Jay-SOS.

Jorde,

Who would of thought that a P67 II would become a rare commodity in the U.S.? Anyways the value added in my kit is that I have all the things assembled to fully utilize the intergrated 6 segment TTL with flash. The grip is widely avalable, but try finding one with the "Z" cord to make the hot shoe hot. And then to have the Pentax made most powerful dedicated flash for perfect exposures even at night.

Anyways at the last month's Meet-Up I day traded a silver 50 Lux-M for a 35 Lux-R 3-cam in a flat trade. Anyways someone offered me the trade and I took it. Good as cash.

The best "you suck factor" I think is getting a working Epson 7800 printer for $100.00, and taking it home to discover that the 9 year old working printer with ink only made 1802 prints before I got it.

Like I said before, "I suck." LOL.

"I was just minding my own business..." LOL.

It does seem likely that traveling to cool cities worldwide is highly likely. All I gotta do is cough up the airfair because Maggie with her fashion travels will have the other expenses except food covered.

Cal

Jorde,

Who would of thought that a P67 II would become a rare commodity in the U.S.? Anyways the value added in my kit is that I have all the things assembled to fully utilize the intergrated 6 segment TTL with flash. The grip is widely avalable, but try finding one with the "Z" cord to make the hot shoe hot. And then to have the Pentax made most powerful dedicated flash for perfect exposures even at night.

Anyways at the last month's Meet-Up I day traded a silver 50 Lux-M for a 35 Lux-R 3-cam in a flat trade. Anyways someone offered me the trade and I took it. Good as cash.

The best "you suck factor" I think is getting a working Epson 7800 printer for $100.00, and taking it home to discover that the 9 year old working printer with ink only made 1802 prints before I got it.

Like I said before, "I suck." LOL.

"I was just minding my own business..." LOL.

It does seem likely that traveling to cool cities worldwide is highly likely. All I gotta do is cough up the airfair because Maggie with her fashion travels will have the other expenses except food covered.

Cal

Cal,

This past year was very generous to me as far as trading is concerned. I have traded extensively with local camera dealers. No money exchanged hands, just gear. I have acquired several very nice cameras and lenses, including Widelux F7 and Nikon F with plain prism. I have traded my Hasselblad for 6cm f/1.5 Sonnar in LTM(SPOILER ALERT). I disassembled it partially, cleaned, collimated and adjusted rangefinder cam to focus properly on my M4, which my wife bought for me on my 40th birthday last March. This lens is a source of much controversy. It is said, that it was made aftermarket, but nobody knows for sure. It does not say Zeiss on beauty ring and serial number is wrong, but it I think it is a much rarer item than Hasselblad 500C, which I can always buy again.

I will bring it to the meet-up.

Back