Few Widelux f8 questions

dd786

Established
Local time
3:10 PM
Hey all,
Bought a widelux f8 recently that’s a bit of a beater. Wanted to know if:
1) anyone know if it’s possible to buy new rubber/leatherette for it to replace the old stuff? Anyone make anything like that?
2) is it possible to repaint this specific camera? Does anyone do this on a widelux and if so, any reviews?
3) if a repaint is not possible or practical, is it possible and practical to do small touch ups to the paintwork? It’s not “regular” single colour stuff. I don’t think it’s actually normal “paint” but I’m not sure...

Just want to spruce up the girl a little. I mean she’s real pretty but could do with some new shoes and a haircut lol

4)Apparently film in the widelux has a rare tendency to slip after it’s been loaded. Actually rear this a couple times once on an FB group and again on another forum. Anyone know about this or experienced this? If so, is there a solution or more (lol) correct way to load it to stop slipping?

Imho, rare-ish cameras like these have some value as historical artifacts. Of course it deserves to be used. But I'd leave the traces of the life it's lived visible. Restoration to original condition is an alternative but in my eyes not as good as keeping it as is. I'd avoid touch-ups, neither this not that, and do only repairs for functionality. Sorry, this was not what you asked for.

I am sorry, I have F8, but can’t answer your questions. The Widelux I bought was (and is) in excellent condition (both cosmetics and functionally). I disagree it only has some historical value, it is an excellent “street panoramic” camera. Precision camera in US can help with Widelux repairs.

Imho, rare-ish cameras like these have some value as historical artifacts. Of course it deserves to be used. But I'd leave the traces of the life it's lived visible. Restoration to original condition is an alternative but in my eyes not as good as keeping it as is. I'd avoid touch-ups, neither this not that, and do only repairs for functionality. Sorry, this was not what you asked for.

I dont think the widelux is a particularly rare camera or especially historically important. I get your point though. Really i dont care too much as long as it works proper;y, just figured if it wasn't going to be a difficult thing, i could clean her up a bit.

I am sorry, I have F8, but can’t answer your questions. The Widelux I bought was (and is) in excellent condition (both cosmetics and functionally). I disagree it only has some historical value, it is an excellent “street panoramic” camera. Precision camera in US can help with Widelux repairs.

precisioncameraworks.com services the widelux so that would be a good place
to ask.

Thanks for the recommend guys.

Back