Film Camera Shop recommendations in Seoul, South Korea

kriskirk

Established
Local time
9:12 PM
I will be traveling abroad to Seoul in November and am wondering if anyone has any recommendations of camera shops to check out or where to buy film if needed. I will be taking film with me of course, but just in case i run through it, does anyone know any shops over there to check out?

thanks

There are quite a few major shops in Chungmuro, on the main Supyo-ro boulevard north from the subway station. The Leica store there is a little snobby and the other shops vary in price-effectiveness, but Fotomaru is awesome for quick development / film.

If you want to shop for cameras, you will not likely find great deals in Seoul. But if you just want to look around for the fun of it, I'd go to Namdaemun Market. There are a number of shops selling film cameras there. Chungmuro is mostly for pro and studio gear, but I do take all my color film there to get developed at Photomaru. I order all my film online, but there are places in Chungmuro that sell it. Just like camera gear, the prices for film will be more than in the U.S.

In addition to what is listed here (I can also recommend Fotomaru ) , I came across a few interesting film camera stores in the Myeongdong underground shopping center.

Namdaemun Market did have quite a few shops all next to each-other. Quite a few shops did sell some film, However I didn't check the prices. Hi Camera was my favorite shop as the gentleman running the counter was very nice.

Back