Film or digital - Be the judge

i'm going to go out on a limb and say that at least one of them was shot with a KONICA Hexanon AR on Sony NEX. just a guess. if i were trying to fool people, i would addsome dust and scratches to the digital file in PP.

The second one's covered in dust and scratches, so I'd guess that would be the film.

Never discount the possibility that Silver Efex or one of those other geniuses that offers us film simulation software may have come up with a plug in called 'Scratch and Dust!'

:D

i'm going to go out on a limb and say that at least one of them was shot with a KONICA Hexanon AR on Sony NEX. just a guess. if i were trying to fool people, i would addsome dust and scratches to the digital file in PP.

Thanks matt, this wasnt meant to be a guessing thread but an honest "what look do you prefer"?

Folks, the OP is asking which one do you prefer,
not which one is film or digital.

I prefer film. The texture makes it interesting, the digital 'cleanliness' makes the background distracting.

I prefer the film (#2)
It does have less finer detail, but has a more creamy Bokeh in the Background. and a little more DR, with less contrast. important in B&W nature stuff like this. Although the Digital has bit more pop, but more micro contrast too.

Folks, the OP is asking which one do you prefer,
not which one is film or digital.

I prefer film. The texture makes it interesting, the digital 'cleanliness' makes the background distracting.

Nope. The OP did not give that info until it was edited after other posts.

I like the digital picture better because the cleanliness of it gives it a feeling of sterility that reminds me of an ominous science fiction movie.

Don't ask!

Nope. The OP did not give that info until it was edited after other posts.

Thats right. Funny though that everyone starts guessing when someone asks "film or digital". I thought it was pretty clear from my initial post ... obviously not. So yes, film is the one with the grain and the dust, digital is the clean one. Now what do you say: film or digital ... who wins?

Back