First Leica ...dumb question

cicsprog

Local time
8:12 PM
I'm sure a search would answer my question but wanted to make sure I got a right answer and didn't have an invalid search.

I'm a Nikon guy, more equipment than I can list, but just bought a used M8 with less than 800 acq and mint black body.

I have a Nikon M RF with period correct Nikon lens (50mm 1.4 # 500519xx) and a Nikon SP RF with 2 period correct Nikon lens.

I'd like to know what conversion device to buy so I can use the Nikon lens on the M8?

Will be saving up the dollars for a Leica 35mm F2 but want to use the Nikon lens till then.

Thanks for responses.

See Amedeo Muscelli website, or in the classifieds here. He's a sponsor. Many folks use Amedeo adapters for their Nikon S 50's.

See Amedeo Muscelli website, or in the classifieds here. He's a sponsor. Many folks use Amedeo adapters for their Nikon S 50's.

Robert is correct. I have the noted adapter and it works well on my M2 and M8. The external mount Nikon S lenses work more smoothly on my adapter but it will accommodate the internal mount 50's as well. Be careful with the very wides... my 21mm Nikon s (CV) lens is too deep for my M8.

Ray

Thanks for the help.

However your focus may be off with the adapter. Many of my lenses are. For only a few dollars more you can buy a CV 35/2.5 275 USD or something like that which will shoot very well with a simple LTM-M adapter.

A good Canon LTM 50/1.8 will be just over 100USD.

I have two Amedeo adapters and focus with Nikon and Contax is highly variable.

Back