First try with a TX-1 / Xpan

the Xpan looks great...thinking of getting one...but wondering...does the lens swivel as you take the photo? is this camera xpensive?

Re: First try with a TX-1 / Xpan

Jorge Torralba said:
Here are the first pictures I ever took with a TX-1. I accidentally over exposed by 1/2 stop and they seem a little tight for the scene. But this Thursday I should have my 30mm :)

Here is the link to a few of the shots.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/image_dir/alpine_lakes/vivian_lake/enchanted_lakes.html

Impressive what the format can do, but I'm a bit puzzled by the grain in some of the pictures (clear blue sky). What kind of film did you use, or are these scanning artifacts?

Anyways, nice pictures. And I think you're a lucky bastard to get to take pictures like these (not just equipment-wise but location wise). Living in a country devoid of mountains but with persistently overcast skies makes me envious to say the least!

Looks like I will be heading back up there on July 9 of this year. Yes, its overcast and raining 9 month out of 12 here. But when the sun shines you cannot beat the location.

By the way, these were taken with Velvia no filters and scanned with improperly. Things should be better next time around. The picture under the Xpan gallery was scanned with a better scanner properly configured.

amazing colors and pictures. It looks unreal for me, those wide landscape are impossible over there in france !

"You do not have permission to view this image." :)) Jorge, nice pics in Paris! i guess ... ;)

The tx shots are great.

Back