flash on the bronica rf645

muir

Local time
5:15 PM
I saw a thread here a while ago about using the nikon sb15 on the bronica. this is the flash i use now as it can be flipped vertically so it fits in with the bronnys vertical format and avoid flash drop off. i also got all MacGyver on my Metz 60ct4 flash gun. I used two brackets at 90 degree angles to make the flash sit sideways on top of the camera (perpindicular to its usual position). this way the flash is right above the lens and is in the vertical position.
to be honest both these systems have there limitations... the sb15 sometimes lacks the cojones for the job and the metz, while not short on cojones, is a bit cumbersome and kind of obscures the viewfinder when sitting on top of the camera.
anyway - i was wondering if any bright sparks have any other approaches to using flash with the rf645.
cheers - muir
www.muirvidler.com

I just put a small softbox on my Metz 54 and fire away. I also hand hold the flash sometimes to get directional lighting. I've never had problems with coverage due to the protrait orientation on the RF645.

Back