FOAM/Stedelijk--Amsterdam

Berliner

Well-known
Local time
8:27 PM
Just back from a few days in Amsterdam—Great city, bloody awful weather. Thankfully, it’s a ‘museum’ city, and art lovers have plenty to choose from. For me, it was a great exhibit on Weegee at FOAM—Crime & News photos from 1940’s New York City… very powerful work, & definitely worth the visit—I spent all day there.

Also while at the Stedelijk Museum, I noticed an upcoming exhibit on Magnum Photographers, opening in February—It looks to be excellent—I think I’ll have to go back to see that one as well…

WeeGee’s running until beginning of March. The Magnum exhibit at the Stedelijk opens around the beginning of February.

As I live in Amsterdam, I try to see the exhibitions at Foam on a regular basis. I always try to report on them at my blog:

http://shardsofphotography.blogspot.com/search?q=foam

My family and I have <i>museumjaarkaarten</i> year cards for the museums in Holland, making entrance free or at reduced price. Great, especially since my daughter likes museums, as do my wife and I. So, we go to quite a few exhibitions during a year, and I report on those too on my blog.

If you have plans to visit Amsterdam and care to see a exhibition or two, trawl my blog or drop me a line.

Back