For the LOVE of COLOR...Post Yours

53562578269_cd5f39a89e_o.jpg

Fuji C200. Ricoh GR-1v.

0DIRFpL.jpeg

Ektachrome
very interesting photo, thank you for sharing...

This old Sadamitsu Movie House 貞光 劇場 is located in Sadamitsu of Shikoku Shima ( 四国 Island), to reach here, you may have to take the
JR Tokushima Line 德島 線, get off at Sadamitsu Station, walk a couple of kilometer to get here...me, i've never landed on Shikoku Shima😂

these old abandoned Theater, Movie houses are always interesting, again, Thank you for sharing

to get here, i took an int'l flight from Taipei to Los Angeles City, rent a car, took the 105 Fwy East, to 605 Fwy North, then 60 Fwy East,

get off on Hacienda Bl. South, to reach here, it's about 45 miles from LAX Airport, 8,000 miles TPE To LAX

KFC ( with an old sign), Hacienda Heights, Los Angeles County, USA

a Taipei-metro Image

Canon APSC T4i,
Canon Lens 18-55

This old Sadamitsu Movie House 貞光 劇場 is located in Sadamitsu of Shikoku Shima ( 四国 Island), to reach here, you may have to take the
JR Tokushima Line 德島 線, get off at Sadamitsu Station, walk a couple of kilometer to get here...me, i've never landed on Shikoku Shima😂

these old abandoned Theater, Movie houses are always interesting, again, Thank you for sharing

Thanks for sharing this info.

I like its colors but I like its name 貞光劇場(written in ancient form 隸書)more.

(...)

I'm so excited you picked out on this one! On purpose I didn't captioned the location and was curious if... anyone else would be.

This one is from my recent road trip in Japan, where Shikoku was my main interest, and this old cinema building was one of a few pinpoints I had on Google Maps, most of the time I was just wandering around. Not to spoil the fun for you but I visited also a second cinema, still in business, pictures to follow.

MXNiDlv.jpeg

Cj0ZwQa.jpeg

qRpMkzG.jpeg

Now this one is amazing, and so is the owner. When I arrived it was closed, but just I was turning on the engine the owner appeared in his Kei Car and invited me inside. You can see it on YT, just search for 大心劇場 or visit website å¤§å¿ƒåŠ‡å ´ã€€è±†é›»çƒ
It was too dark inside to shoot slide film with my Konica Genba Kantoku, they all come out blurred and overexposed, but fortunately I also had a Widelux F7 with HP5 with me.

i see this Daishin movie house is even more remote than that Sadamitsu one, it's in the mountain area and i'll say it's more than 25 miles from Kochi City, Shikoku...
in the YT video, one show has 4 audience, the other show, zero,

i feel for these old movie house i think mostly because there are many old Japanese movies i love, they are part of you, i feel my photos are also affected by them...

i see posters from director Yamada Yoji, i've seen his 'Hokkaido Trilogy' ; 1, Home from the Sea (1972)
2, the Yellow Handkerchief ( 1977)
3, a Distant Cry from Spring (1980),

it's the movies, make me interested in these movie house, seemed the love hiding in the movie (by the directors) is there...

trailer of 'the Call from Distant Mountain' ( '遠山的呼喚', original Japanese title)

Thank you for sharing your excellent photos

You know those three digit routes in Japan, winding up to the moutains, usually too narrow for two cars to pass. It was a lifetime experience to drive for days deep in rural areas of Shikoku. One time I even had to stop for the night on a small observation point overlooking Yanase Reservoir, ~450m. above sea level because camping grounds were closed due to off season. But it was totally worth it.

s2YLy1A.jpeg

i see this Daishin movie house is even more remote than that Sadamitsu one, it's in the mountain area and i'll say it's more than 25 miles from Kochi City, Shikoku...
in the YT video, one show has 4 audience, the other show, zero,
The owner use it also as a music venue, he was extremly kind and gave me two CDs with his recordings, plus more small gifts like small poster reprints etc.
From what I tried to understand (and it was quite a challange for us both) he has in his collection around 1500 posters.

Thank you for sharing your excellent photos
you are too kind, thank you.

'Turning Japanese i think i'm turning Japanese, i really think so...' - the Vapors

Ramen Fest...Miso, Tonkotsu, Sea Salt, Original flavors/ made in Japan ( the right one is pork ribs flavor ramen from Taiwan)

a Taipei-metro Image

Panasonic mFT G6,
Panasonic 14mm F2.5 Lens made in Japan

this a mix from a Youtuber, a cover of 'Turning Japanese' by the Vapors, starring...
Kirsten Dunst 👩‍🦰💖

Back