For those who are looking for a sparkling Contax I

Clicked the link to see the most beautiful camera.
Bit of a let down.
Rather brick-like in an Argus C3 way.
IMO, the Contax G2 is more appealing as an object d'art.

Somehow the Nikkor 5cm f/2 works best on the camera.

Contax I/Nikkor H 50mm f/2/TMY2-400/AdoxMCC110.

Erik.

49610985736_f2e992eaf5_b.jpg

Vince, this isn't this the version without the "long times"? Much easier to handle - if the camera works - than the later versions.

Erik.

I believe so - I managed to find a few more shots of it (I sold the camera kit years ago). I do recall that it had an AU serial number, so I believe it was a 1a. 1 dimple, no foot. It worked just fine.

contax6
by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

contax3a
by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

contax5
by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

contax3
by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

Just spotted in a portfolio published today by "L'Oeil de la Photographie", a portrait of the model Liz Gibbons as a photographer by Louise Dahl-Wolfe, shot in 1938 (© Center for Creative Photography at the University of Arizona / Courtesy Staley-Wise Gallery, New York).

Looks like Liz is holding a Contax I with a black and nickel 5cm Sonnar f/2 and its original black hood.

Attachments

• Dahl-Wolfe_LizGibbons.Photographer_HiRes.jpg
    Dahl-Wolfe_LizGibbons.Photographer_HiRes.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 0
Just spotted in a portfolio published today by "L'Oeil de la Photographie", a portrait of the model Liz Gibbons as a photographer by Louise Dahl-Wolfe, shot in 1938 (© Center for Creative Photography at the University of Arizona / Courtesy Staley-Wise Gallery, New York).

What I see, is this:
Dahl-Wolfe_LizGibbons.Photographer_HiRes.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up, Erik. Looks like "The Eye of Photography" hardly limits the amount of connections to their journal images hosting server thanks to some direct html linking. Go figure.

I have edited my above post and attached the photo to the post for now. But, as a result, the photo is now too small to see the Contax I while it's easy to recognize it on the online hosted large photo.

Anyway, for those who want to see the large version of the online photo, the portfolio is here (but it will be available online for 24 hours only because of the journal policy) and displaying the said image alone will expand it to its largest size on your screen :

https://loeildelaphotographie.com/e...anie-pfriender-stylander-2-women-of-style-pp/

Well - new attempt below with another direct link to a large version of the photo, hosted online by the Staley-Wise Gallery :

9431937a368358aa8305785e7d23f5d5.jpeg

Louise Dahl-Wolfe © Center for Creative Photography at the University of Arizona / Courtesy Staley-Wise Gallery, New York

I always thought the ergonomics of the Contax I a bit of a struggle, I didn't realise that this pose was the correct way of going about using this camera.

Back