Forum Perfomance diabolically bad !!!

Not in Holland right now, at least not in Leiden.
BTW, changing the skin didn't work. I had the regular VBP Graphite Xpand (hate that blue on black) and the performance was the same: poor! Like 20-30 sec to load the avatar pictures. I've changed it back to White fond.

If you're experiencing slow forum access, could you try logging out and then seeing whether everything works faster?

Perhaps it's just me, but my non-empirical testing seemed to indicate this.

Go lurkers!

If you're experiencing slow forum access, could you try logging out and then seeing whether everything works faster?

Perhaps it's just me, but my non-empirical testing seemed to indicate this.

Go lurkers!

:eek::eek: Gotta admit, that does make a significant difference! :eek::eek:

Sometimes when I wish to go to the next page in "new Posts" I get this:"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Something else moderators may want to look at:

Gzip compression. This is particularly useful for mobile phones and I suspect but I have nothing to check, that tapatalk VB plugin would have tried to optimize gzip and other forms of compression in htacces file for delivery to mobile phones.
This may help mobile phones but can cause problems with server load and also with ajax which VB uses.
It may be worth switching off gzip compression(in VB config options) if its enabled as a test to see if it speeds things up. And also check htacess files for other compression and caching options that tapatalk may have set.
Or maybe uninstalling tapatalk switched it off and it should be on.
Just sayin....

Last edited:
About 3.00pm UK time shortly after I posted the above message, everything sped up to fast including the gallery for around 20 minutes or so. It's now back to long delays on some page requests.

Agree with everyone above. RFF was basically inaccessible for the last two days. It does seem better today though.

last few days sometimes excruciatingly slow tl load or times out sometimes just ducky. Almost the only site I have had trouble with.:dance:

problem probably found

problem probably found

Incredibly,

the problem is probably site monitoring software which was installed on our server without my permission or knowledge by the hosting company.

it is being removed today.

Time will tell if things improve.

Stephen

Back