fuji.. please give me an xe3 in a pro weather sealed...

Yeah. I find myself not needing the extra weight & size of the X-Pro and X-T but still wanting the sealing.

Small, weather-sealed and large sensor setup has always been an unfulfilled niche. There had been strong voices calling for the X100, GR and Q to be sealed. Went unheard so far. The MFT system has some decent bodies but the sealed lenses are huge. The Nikon AW1 and its companion lenses are long dead and were never truly reliable. Only Fuji makes small sealed lenses as of today.

The Canon G1X III is interesting since it's fully sealed even with a long retracting zoom lens (hear that Ricoh), but the battery life is abysmal.

Anyway...we could only hope and wait, as usual.

No to all of the above... But I'm OK with adding an XE Pro with a larger evf and weather sealing. Leave the xpro alone though and keep a cheap xe model too.

How much of a bump do you expect sealing to have?

They know how to do it. No optical viewfinder to deal with.....

B2 (;->

i am so satisfied with the xe3 that i have stopped looking at and being tempted by any other camera...(except maybe the rf styled medium format fuji)...
i love pretty much everything about the xe3, especially the small fujicron line-up and the small xe3 body...afa weather sealing goes...i have shot all kinds of cameras in all sorts of weather, especially snow and never missed sealing...i carry a small towel in my bag for wiping the gear down. in the old days one could have a camera winterized where they removed the lubricants so there was nothing to freeze up...never did that either.

Back