Fuji XE-3 Macro lens for scanning negative

rcfgnu

Local time
9:35 PM
Hi, I would like to scan 35mm negatives with my XE3 which macro lens do you recommend to be able to shoot the whole frame (apart aspect ratio cropping)?

I have a good deal on this 2 lenses:
Nikkor 55mm f2.8 micro (1:2)
Sigma 70mm f2.8 Macro (1:1)

55mm (1:2) can cover the whole negative on fuji sensor?

Thank a lot.

It doesn't work that way. You will need a set of extension tubes to fit the Fuji mount (Amazon has a good set for about $25), and an adapter to mount the macro lens. The extension tubes go on the camera first, then the adapter, and then the lens.

Currently I’m using a Sony A5100 (APS-C sensor) with a 55 2.8 Micro Nikkor Ai-S on a Metabone adapter. The lens is attached directly to the adapter without using the PK-13 extension ring. The camera and lens are mounted on a copy stand, using a Lomo Digitalizer to hold the strip of negatives. With this, the entire negative is visable with a little overlap of the frames on either side. From the 24 mp capture, after cropping the resulting image is about 17 mp. I just bought a Nikon ES-2 copy attachment that will fit in front of the lens but need to add about 20 or 25mm of extension between the front of the lens and the ES-2 to accommodate for the sensor crop. Hope this helps.

Extension rings just arrived in the mail. Added the PK-13 ring between the adapter and the lens. A 28mm extension tube between the front of the lens and the ES-2 copier, negatives now fill the frame and a full 24mp capture!

Back