Fujifilm X Raw Studio - New Software

samuelphoto

Established
Local time
3:50 AM
Came across this by accident. Seems this would produced the same result as creating jpegs from raws in camera. Has anyone tried it and if so, what are your thoughts, both and the results and on software operation (especially vs. Lightroom on Mac High Sierra)? Thanks.

I see that, for an X-Pro2, you need to be on firmware version 4.0 or later. You may have heard that V4.0 had a bug, which now seems to be fixed. V4.01 was released last week. Maybe I'll give it a try, I'm just reluctant to add unproven software to my Mac.

The X-Pro 2 4.0 bug is very limited. You have to use all of the following menu options.

"1) IMAGE QUALITY : FINE+RAW or NORMAL + RAW
2) RAW RECORDING : LOSSLESS COMPRESSED
3) DRIVE : any of ADVANCED FILTER"

This problem is eliminated in 4.01.

The results are identical because the X Raw Studio uses the in-camera JPRG rendering engine. The main beneift of X Raw Studio is you can use a Windows or OS X app instead of the camera menus.

It's safe to install either version if you follow the proper procedure.

I downloaded the program, updated the downloaded program to the latest version and it won't recognize the files from my X-E3. Bought
Capture One a few months ago and it still has yet to update to the X-E3. Lightroom Classic CC opened the files from the camera on day one of owning the camera. Interesting.

Perhaps it's my impatience but it seems like it's taking a long time for some of these folks to get their programs updated.

FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO Ver.1.1 is now available, on mac, but now also for windows.
(1.1 also adds support for the X-H1) One has to attach the same camera to the computer by with the photos are taken and then you can emulate the same actions on your PC as you could perform with the in-body RAW conversion. Clear advantage is that you can convert all RAF's on your storage and it is a bit WISIWIG. A bit clumsy interface. It works OK, but could be much nicer.
Personally I do not see much use, but if you are a JPG shooter or maybe RAW+JPEG you can very easily test which in-camera settings are best to your liking. And . . . .
It is free!
You can download the code from:
http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/x_raw_studio/win/

Back