• Thread starter dee
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1K

dee

Well-known
Local time
7:14 PM
Gruelling 5 days , 7hr round trip to Chelsea / London for my wife's Radiotherapy for recurrent neck cancer , almost 5 weeks gone , just one more week to go until the assessment .

i don't know if it's OK to enjoy the 40 minute art deco styled London 'Boris' bus ride through London post train and car an to take snapshots , but it keeps me OK. i guess I should be self isolating , but she is not going it alone . Indeed , being in London invigorated my snap shooting .
Weirdly quiet with no mass of tourists brings it all home .

I then found that the ex-dem Fuji X-T 1 plus 27mm which I had 'stalked' for 6 months in a department store [ seriously ] until it became affordable [ £500 / 18-55 ] had not arrived home .
I did not miss it immediately as I assumed it was in the bag , how I did not realise that the bag was lighter , is beyond me , but I guess I am pretty weirded out after a year of operations and treatment .
I even switched to the Pentax K-S1 / 35mm because I love Fuji colours , but not the dodgy focus from a moving bus .

in the event I found it today at the hospital - presumably slipped down in the chair and handed in .

I love the X-Pro1 , but the X-T1 is just more useable and is so reminiscent of my Minolta SRTs .
I was surprised how upset it made me as I would never find another new X-T1 or afford a new X-T20 / X-T30. Both the new X-Pro1 body £200 and X-T1 were once in a lifetime finds , way out of my league and abilities .
My 'final' buy was an new SLR styled Fuji X-T 100 on close out with compact styled controls and SLR / EVF styling which was intended to back up the X-T 1 .

it certainly brought home that this form of digital is just right for me .

Back