Fujifilm X-T3 - First Look Video

I was quite surprised it came now, thought it could take another year or two. so is XPro 3 behind the corner also? :)

I didn't quite believe it when the rumors first came out months ago, but it's understandable by now, seeing how Canon and Nikon were outdone by the competition even before it actually started. The bar is raising fast and high, so good thing that Fuji is actively pacing up to embrace it.

Meanwhile the X-T2 will offer excellent value for those who don't need the fastest and most powerful features.

good update for video, but sadly no IBIS.

meh. i'd rather get an x-t2, especially at the current price of $1100.

Although I mainly use my XPros, I still have a couple of XT1 bodies that see use occasionally. They're fine for my needs.

New Fuji XT3? Another really good camera among many.

It seems there might not be much reason to upgrade form X-T2 if you are primarily a stills photographer. At this point in the camera's debut, most of the wiz-bang features are video centered.

These days, as a stills photographer, I feel like I'm always overpaying for camera features I'll never use. And the odd thing is when a manufacturer does come out with a stills-based camera, they charge even more for the uniqueness factor (ala the Nikon Df)!

I doubt it... Fuji updates the X-Pro series slowly. It took 4 years last time.

this saddens me a little as during the Fuji X 1st gen, they marked the X-Pro as their top of the line product, unfortunately most photographers prefer the SLR style cameras and Fuji is catering to them by prioritizing the X-T series.

Anyhow, I just came back from The Camera Store as they had several Fuji X-T3 bodies and all lenses on the Fuji lineup to play with and am impressed with the AF improvement on the X-T3.
Shot the X-T2 and X-T3 with the same lenses (18-55, 56mm, 90mm, 200mm) and the X-T3 AF was definitely snappier, less hunting and more quiet. Eye AF was great too. Although I noticed that some frames were a little OOF.
If I were looking to go back to Fuji, I feel like X-T3 with 14mm, 23mm and 90mm would keep me happy.

EVF has once again been improved, I think the Leica SL still has the nicest EVF but the X-T3 to me is on par with the A7R3 or A9.

Sadly, talking with Billy from The Fuji Guys looks like Fuji still hasn't considered a View Mode function where the camera is always on EVF mode but Menu and Image Preview is accessed on the LCD screen ala DSLR.

Fuji should release a Fuji XPro monochrom.. and a Fuji Xpro w/ no liveview, no screen, no review.. but instead of making it MORE expensive like Leica, .... cheaper.
take those fn/q/review buttons. Make it a camera for manual focus and sell the same lenses w/ distance marks.

Make photography simple, analog for photographers to control pictures in their brains not their computers.
Fuji wshould just marry Leica and we should all live happilly forever.

Fuji should release a Fuji XPro monochrom.. and a Fuji Xpro w/ no liveview, no screen, no review.. but instead of making it MORE expensive like Leica, .... cheaper.
take those fn/q/review buttons. Make it a camera for manual focus and sell the same lenses w/ distance marks.

Make photography simple, analog for photographers to control pictures in their brains not their computers.
Fuji wshould just marry Leica and we should all live happilly forever.

There is a Fuji monochrome, however not really made by Fuji but still an incredible conversion: https://maxmax.com/shopper/category/9510-fuji-monochrome

I am very tempted by what Fuji is doing, played with X-T3 in a store for about 30min. The two issues I found was: 1. the viewfinder has too much contrast (I went through all the color profiles). If you were to point it to a dark object all details suddenly disappear. 2. The battery grip makes it really awkward to reach for the shutter button in the horizontal position (it's comfortable in the portrait mode)

Overall I think it's the best value on the market right now. Amazing build quality, features and controls. If I would not have a bag of m43s bodies and lenses I would get Fujifilm at a heartbeat.

FYI, I was never a Fujifilm fan, X-T1 was clumsy. Fuji colors looked odd to my eye and the interface was not intuitive. However, they listened to the feedback and improved drastically over the generations. Fuji - respect!

There is a Fuji monochrome, however not really made by Fuji but still an incredible conversion: https://maxmax.com/shopper/category/9510-fuji-monochrome

i have seen this... but it´s a conversion done on an older model w/ slow af and very expensive at that. Fuji should be releasing their own monochrome camera by now if Leica has already done it (w/ lots of style as usual).. Fuji ... don´t waste any more time and do it.

i have seen this... but it´s a conversion done on an older model w/ slow af and very expensive at that. Fuji should be releasing their own monochrome camera by now if Leica has already done it (w/ lots of style as usual).. Fuji ... don´t waste any more time and do it.

Leica has done a lot of things...

Back