Full Blurry Roll /w M6?

The strangest thing is... say the lens was loose during those photos, somehow it managed to fix itself ...

Question. What type of focusing cam does the "evil suspect lens" have. Is it a flat cam like the common 50mm or is it sloped?

A lens with a stiff, tight mount can easily be mounted and used without actually having it properly indexed with the latch pin. If such a lens has a slopped cam it will not focus correctly when improperly mounted, though too much misalignment will also cause the frame lines to display incorrectly.

I gotta tell ya, I've seen people do this on purpose and watched others rave about it as fine art. I'd put your blurry pics up against any of those.

Question. What type of focusing cam does the "evil suspect lens" have. Is it a flat cam like the common 50mm or is it sloped?

I think it is sloped. This is the first I have heard of this happening, and is one of the only explanations that makes sense to me besides the elements being unscrewed a bit.

There are many possible reasons for what you see is happening. Among others:

1) lens out of spec (wobble, loose or wet elements). Inspect the lens.
2) Camera RF cam loose. Check with your finger.
3) Camera and lens RF cams are vertically misaligned (RF cam bent). Open the camera back with the lens on and check.
4) Loose pressure plate. Check with hand/visually.
5) Film didn't sit right on the rails and sprockets.

If 1-4 tests out OK, I am betting on 5). Any irregular frame spacing ? Anyways, if it's 5) don't worry, and spool your film more carefully next time.

Roland.

Back