Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

Vince, the OK Corral is outstanding and I find it inspiring too! Thank you for sharing it with us.

All the best,
Mike

Many thanks Mike - funny how you put a photo aside for a number of months and then revisit it. It definitely caused me to look at and interpret it in a different way.

"Out there" being NM? Or somewhere else? March here is a trip; there is not a tripod heavy enough to withstand Windy Season"!

Yes NM - probably for a couple of weeks. Well familiar with the windy season — I think the only time of year I haven’t been in NM is July and August.

good colors too you've nailed there Vince, looks like you've spent a lot of time getting proper colors; it takes a while to get that right (have learned too by hours of trial/mostly error)

good colors too you've nailed there Vince, looks like you've spent a lot of time getting proper colors; it takes a while to get that right (have learned too by hours of trial/mostly error)

Many thanks for the insight Wenge. I’ve never really had an issue with colour balancing, might be due to my colour darkroom past in which colour balancing was drummed into me in undergrad and grad school. As well, the colours from the Hasselblad seem to be pretty much on the money from the get-go, so that helps a great deal. Sometimes the files can tend to be a bit on the red side, but really it’s not a big deal to adjust accordingly.

I think in general it takes a while for your eyes/brain to recognize when something is too magenta, green, cyan etc and knowing how to make the appropriate adjustments. One advantage to doing colour balance in the computer is that you can adjust the shadows, midtones and highlights separately (and even do localized colour adjustments), whereas in a darkroom environment you can’t. So for me that’s a big deal.

Back