g2 with a bunc of lenses

MP Guy

Just another face in the crowd
Staff member
Local time
8:12 PM
Just ordered a G2 with a 21, 35, 90 and a flash. Can't wait for it to arrive tomorrow. From what I have seen, the lenses are pretty damn sharp.

Jorge, Does this mean that you are going to keep the M6 in your line-up? You need a battery-independant backup. You just do. You know you do. Repeat.

Brian Sweeney said:
Jorge, Does this mean that you are going to keep the M6 in your line-up? You need a battery-independant backup. You just do. You know you do. Repeat.

Why? Extra batteries are much cheaper and lighter.

Re: g2 with a bunc of lenses

Jorge Torralba said:
Just ordered a G2 with a 21, 35, 90 and a flash. Can't wait for it to arrive tomorrow. From what I have seen, the lenses are pretty damn sharp.

Congrats! Now your only gonna end up buying at least 3 more lenses. LOL.

Enjoy.

I *almost* got another G2, the only camera I regret trading (for a Mamiya 7, not a bad trade) the last time I went through and cleaned out my "unused" cameras. Got an autofocus M645 instead, with three lenses.

Still kinda wish for that G2. I go back and scan my negatives, and all the lenses on it are RAZOR sharp, and just LOOK GOOD.

NoTx said:
Why? Extra batteries are much cheaper and lighter.

Batteries will still fail in you in certain weather conditions. When I lived in Chicago I was having batteries giving up on me every winter. So it's not a weight thing - it's the ability to take a photo or not.

Jorge, I hate to burst your bubble... but the Planar 45mm is a heck of a lens in the Zeiss series. Sharp as the proverbial tack even at f2. You should include one in your new line up, replacing the 35mm, which isn't as good. I'm speaking from experience here.

Re: batteries, the Contax G series isn't really that much of a problem in the battery use, but be ready for an unpredictable shutter lag, Jorge, and the AF noise can be a problem at times. But if you're happy with the trade, we're happy for you too!

Looks like I may be selling it all soon. The tax man takes his toll :(

Man, that was WAY too fast. Sorry to hear 'bout that! Did you get to take any pictures with the setup?

What a bummer! :bang: Hope you at least get to keep the Mamiya 7II. The tax man wouldn't know how to use it anyway. :D

Last edited:
Its a no brainer. I bought it to soon based on my tax filing. However, I should have waited another month or so. There will be another opportunity.

to make things worse, the leica was sold and as i was packaging it, my son grabbed it and dropped it. Now thats a dead dealas well.

This has been a bad camera week for me.

Darn!! :( I'm really sorry, Jorge... I wish I could do something to help.

Is the gear really, badly damaged? Did it break? I hope not...

Back