George Rodgers At the Imperial War Museum Manchester

Bobfrance

Over Exposed
Local time
12:00 AM
One for UK members...

From the IWM website LINK

"Celebrating the centenary of George Rodger’s birth, this exhibition looks at the life and work of an extraordinary photographer.
Born in Hale in Cheshire, Rodger captured many aspects of modern warfare, from the Blitz in 1940, to refugees escaping from Burma in 1942 and the experiences of liberation and surrender in 1945. This collection of powerful and compelling images, captures humanity in the hardship.
Rodger’s experiences towards the end of the Second World War led him to abandon war photography and he went on to co-found the Magnum photographic agency."

By all acounts it's a good exhibition.

I'm going to try and get there this weekend.

Bob.

Ooh, thanks for the heads-up. I think I'll try to get down for that before April. Any excuse for another trip 'round my old haunting grounds.

Bobfrance said:
Well if you're traveling all that way you might as well go to Bradford to see the HCB exhibition too. :)

Details here

Now that's a sterling suggestion – might make for a nice little Easter break. I might well put that to the missus tonight: "how do you fancy spending the Easter weekend with me being nerdy about photography?" Oh yes, she'll be thrilled :)

Back