GF670/GF670 vertical adjustment

Peter_S

Peter_S
Local time
2:05 AM
Hi,
has anyone had luck adjusting the vertical RF patches on their GF670 or Bessa III/667W? I have a GF670W that is slightly off. Horizontal alignmnent (middle screw) is a breeze, but vertical...I tried the left small screw, but that seems to sharpen just the patch (which is useful given the short RF base). The right large screw does nothing. I know minor mis-alignment is not an issue and all, but it does bother me (I move my eye upward to compensate, but checking with laser pointer the alignmnent is not perfect).
There was a disussion somewhere on the internet, but I cannot find it - perhaps offline.

Thanks,
Peter

Yes, the factory does a great job.

For most DIYSers working on the Voigtlander / Fuji 667 folders or wides is really bad idea.

They are exceptionally complicated cameras which most experienced repair techs have difficulty repairing,

I suggest a back up plan before you start.

Find an experienced tech who will take on a DIYS repair damaged camera -- if you can.

Yes, the factory does a great job.

For most DIYSers working on the Voigtlander / Fuji 667 folders or wides is really bad idea.

They are exceptionally complicated cameras which most experienced repair techs have difficulty repairing,

I suggest a back up plan before you start.

Find an experienced tech who will take on a DIYS repair damaged camera -- if you can.

So Cosina will service these cameras? Good to know...

Hi, thanks for the heads up - I do appreciate it. I have calibrated GF670s/Bessa IIIs a few times, but only horizontally (today, for instance, as I just got a used GF670W). The vertical one remains a mystery, though! In Norway it is almost impossible to get a service within a reasonable time and financial frame, and I do have the camera in hard use, where service on the road can be required.
The vertical alignment is now almost in line after adjusting horizontally (ground glass and laser rangerfinder) and patch (left screw), the image snaps notably better in focus. I will leave it at that.

Back