Give us a sample picture from your Yashica

An interesting invitation. Meet Ron and Monique, a special couple. I shot this (and the rest of the roll) on Tri-X with a Yashica Electro 35.

Attachments

• Ron and Monique-02A.jpg
    Ron and Monique-02A.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 0
Lynx 14 e IC
img210.jpg

My pictures may stink...

My pictures may stink...

but I can never blame that on my electro GX. You just can't get a bad exposure on these things!

Matt

shot on Kodachrome during the Boston Marathon and the Volvo Ocean Race.

007_7A.jpg

036_36A.jpg

011_11A.jpg

If you can recall, I posted here and elsewhere about my Yashica Electro GX that arrived with at stucked self-timer. I tried opening it up, but stopped after realizing I might do it more harm than not. It sat on the table for quite some time and one day I decided to bent a small paper-clip and start poking around the mechanism near the ST lever. After trying many times, I managed to hit something that makes the sound of the ST running. I let it run until it stops by itself, and thank God, the ST is now free.

I managed to get a roll of expired Fuji 400 Pro at the local store and run it through. Here's a Google Picasaweb gallery of some frames from the roll. I don't quite like Picasa' compression of the picture. It seems that all pics looks flatter on Picasa than on Flickr. The link below is for the slideshow which I feel displays better than Picasa's regular browser. I will try to upload to flickr when my free bandwidth quota gets freed.

P50EsTR1X9y5GSTHCHnlDQ
Cincinnati%20%26%20Indiana%20Dunes-10.jpg

Cincinnati%20%26%20Indiana%20Dunes-9.jpg

Here's the rest of the pictures.

http://picasaweb.google.com/khidhir...inderFujiPro400#slideshow/5356834680984951218

Last edited:
one day I decided to bent a small paper-clip and start poking around the mechanism near the ST lever. After trying many times, I managed to hit something that makes the sound of the ST running. I let it run until it stops by itself, and thank God, the ST is now free.

Wow, are you lucky!! Most of the ST's that I have seen fail have been caused by a spring bending up and jamming one of the gears. Yours must have just been slightly stuck.

Whatever you do now, DON'T TRY TO USE IT!!! :eek:

Here are a couple shot with my Yashica GSN on Fuji superia 400

Attachments

• F1000001.jpg
    F1000001.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Photo10_27A.jpg
    Photo10_27A.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 0
SF Bus Stop

SF Bus Stop

Yashica Electro GT - $10 Flea market find. No CLA yet. Leaks taped up.

Attachments

• sf_bus_stop.jpg
    sf_bus_stop.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 0
Inspired by this forum I recently bought a Electro GSN off Ebay for $20. Put a new lightseal and battery in. Loaded my first roll of film in a years time (after a brief encounter with a Leica M4 that I quickly sold...). And went to town. This camera is fun to use due to its low price tag and automatic exposure.
http://gallery.me.com/pa1zz#100621

Attachments

• Scan-090722-0023.jpg
    Scan-090722-0023.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
A CCN, GX, and MG-1

A CCN, GX, and MG-1

Gotta Love Yashicas

Attachments

• Yashica CCN.JPG
    Yashica CCN.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Yashica Chrome GX.JPG
    Yashica Chrome GX.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Yashica MG-1.JPG
    Yashica MG-1.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Maiku, what film did you use?
And did you "enhance" the image with the scanning software or later with an other program?

Yashica GX, CCN and MG-1 again.....

Yashica GX, CCN and MG-1 again.....

Hi Rogier,

I used an OEM film Centuria DNP ISO 100 and ISO 200. I prefer the 200 ISO more. The colours with the 200 ISO seem more vivid. They did produce an 400 ISO. I only used it once. It was ok.

From what I understand the company stopped production. If they did it is a shame as it is or was really good cheap film.

I did nothing to the photos. What you see is what I got.

Mike

Attachments

• Yashica GX 2.JPG
    Yashica GX 2.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Yashica CCN 2.JPG
    Yashica CCN 2.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Yashica MG-1 2.JPG
    Yashica MG-1 2.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 0
Some GL photos....

Some GL photos....

Here are some photos from my GL taken at the VW dealership.

Attachments

• Scan10351.JPG
    Scan10351.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Scan10350.JPG
    Scan10350.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 0
  • Scan10340.JPG
    Scan10340.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 0
@4504gth> nice exposure :) did you compensate in any way?

___
GTN with Superia400 (exposed as 200 for this particular shot)

Attachments

• 32A_w.jpg
    32A_w.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 0
Back