Glass Gas

ISO

Established
Local time
12:26 PM
These " Rokkors ". Just newly-discovered GLASS GAS.:eek:

Thanks RFF. Somebody please tell me to stop.:)

What was the last lens you bought and how many lenses you got?

Last edited:
Stop. How? Easy. Just quit your job, or get a lower paying one, so you can barely afford to keep shooting film, let alone buy equipment.

Problem solved. :p

Last lens I bought was the 90mm elmar, my second rangefinder lens. The next one will probably be a 50mm summicron.

OK. I quit my job Monday, thanks.

But than still I will have "zero" lenses for RF (and no "real" RF body as well). And the 40 CLE Rokkor could be a lens I would buy a body for, if I can afford. It just seems that from there the GLASS GAS "sickness" will get even worst. With all you guys here on RFF talking about RF cameras and glass, and the excitement to use the gear, it is hard to stay away.

Maybe I do not quit my job on Monday, but look for a better one, because there is also the 21mm contax.:cool:

Last edited:
What was the last lens you bought and how many lenses you got?

i sent payment for a cv 25/4p lens this past week.
all my gear is listed in my sig.

To be honest, sure too many lenses. 20mm, 50mm, 85mm for a digital Nikon D50. But I am new to m-mount. My RF are the Canonet and Olympus RD style and I have the 3 lens Contax G system. The last lens I bought was probably the 85mm for the Nikon about 3 years ago and 3 years before I dicovered this place here.

I kind of buy $10 fixed RF cameras at the moment, repair and cla them myself, within my abilities.

And than, back alley, I open your flickr site and the first thing I see is a prestine OM-2. Another thing on the list. I like Zuiko as well, as long as their price is in my category. And than I see your Canon P. Come on, that is not fair.

But again there is not really a need for a new lens or camera here.

Anyone has "bad" experience with glass gas, maybe financial wise.:)

(Please do not take my words to serious here. This is more a "fun" thread from my side. But I still like this 40/2, or at least what I read about it.)

Last edited:
Last Lens bought was a Nikon 85mm 1.4 AF-D...that was a few years ago...
A friend gave me a few lenses he no longer uses...All are Nikon Non-AI...24mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, 135mm 3.5 and a 300mm 4.5

I will probably let the 135 3.5 go since I already have the Nikon 135mm 2.8 AI & a Vivitar Series 1 135mm 2.3...

The 50mm 1.4 Non-AI is a very sharp & bright lens...I was using it on my F4 the other day and the image appeared brighter than a 50mm 1.4 AI I keep on a F2a...

Back