...go and take the long way home.

fotographz

Established
Local time
1:12 AM
It is 12:52 am and I am currently in Prague to see what I see...along with the coffee cup I have been photographing on other trips.
Barcelona is next then Paris, Berlin, Hamburg...(?).

Has anyone ever heard of a Czech photographer named Miroslav Kubeš?

...so I will go and take the long way home

tumblr_nmkz2zefJi1r1rytko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmkz088UeX1r1rytko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmkz78ycow1r1rytko3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmkz8aZs5N1r1rytko1_1280.jpg

I enjoyed the atmosphere of these. Also the thought of the "long way home" has made me smile lately. Had to google for Kubeš.

Lovely set of photos, I really like #s 1 and 2.
Will be keeping track of this thread for updates along you travels.
Thanks for posting

I always think about the gals that worked upstairs over the old western saloons. I seem to recall a movie in which one of these gals had the line, "I'm the long way home, Honey".

Thank you all and I always have a great time going outside of my front door...but if riding a train and listening to people talk about me in a foreign language while having a coffee just makes this all the better.

The light in Prague is magic and at night it's black magic

...they only come out at night

tumblr_nmr35t3BJw1r1rytko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmr35t3BJw1r1rytko4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmr35t3BJw1r1rytko5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmr35t3BJw1r1rytko2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmxvq0IFCd1r1rytko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmxwe6EwXt1r1rytko1_1280.jpg

Prague is a magic city, and in the night there is even more magical atmosphere, the spirit of the Golem is all around...
I didn't know Miroslav Kubeš and his work, thanks for letting me know.
Good pictures in this series, but what I really like is the second one: so simple, so evocative...
robert

Excellent Frank.

I was in Prague just after the Wall came down, and before the influx of tourism. I loved it. I rented a room for 10 days in an apartment. Food was tough to come by. I mostly lived on bread, cheese, yogurt, coffee, beer, and some Power Bars I packed for snacking. A magical place.

I planned for a meal in the Jewish Town Hall. I had to wait for dinner while sitting through a wonderful choir practice. My meal turned to sh*t, as I had to share a table with an extremely antisemitic couple from Vienna. Later that night, while sitting in a bar, couple of locals made my acquaintance, disappeared, and stuck with their bar tab. The police came as I refused to pay it. In the end I had to, or pay a "stiff" fine. It was quite an evening!

Prague is a magic city, and in the night there is even more magical atmosphere, the spirit of the Golem is all around...
I didn't know Miroslav Kubeš and his work, thanks for letting me know.
Good pictures in this series, but what I really like is the second one: so simple, so evocative...
robert
thank you...I bought Kubes book, it is an amazing body of work.
I was given a lesson about Czech photographers by the manager of the photo book dept. At Skodaphoto Store.
This Photo store has an amazing inventory...
cheers

Excellent Frank.

I was in Prague just after the Wall came down, and before the influx of tourism. I loved it. I rented a room for 10 days in an apartment. Food was tough to come by. I mostly lived on bread, cheese, yogurt, coffee, beer, and some Power Bars I packed for snacking. A magical place.

I planned for a meal in the Jewish Town Hall. I had to wait for dinner while sitting through a wonderful choir practice. My meal turned to sh*t, as I had to share a table with an extremely antisemitic couple from Vienna. Later that night, while sitting in a bar, couple of locals made my acquaintance, disappeared, and stuck with their bar tab. The police came as I refused to pay it. In the end I had to, or pay a "stiff" fine. It was quite an evening!
My first time was a very cold winter of 2009 and I also discovered this magic and it's still there.
cheers

A friend and a colleague of mine lives in Ostrava. I visit him as often as possible and I always travel via Prague. Even with the tourists (the other ones, you know) it’s a splendid city.

The food, girls and bars are at the same time upright and sophisticated. This is rare.

Its Bohemia - and by no accident.

Your ongoing 10 year series with the cup is amazing. Love it.

I goofed and posted some new "cup" images on the "show us your story...'
thread.
While on my last "wander" out to Europe I was able to get into this blog until I
got to Barcelona...by some weird internet madness I couldn't get back in.
(And no Gandy had nothing to do with it...I called him from Spain)
cheers

Back