Good Cheap Adapters for A7 series

uhoh7

Mentor
Local time
2:50 PM
Well if you are like me, 200USD+ for a glassless adapter makes the new Leica SL seem like quite a value :bang:

I have some new to me big Nikons and I wanted good adapters for them so I went looking around.

Adapters by unoh7, on Flickr

Forgive the photo, but these are the best SLR values, in my experience.

K&F is in the states, on Amazon and only 14USD. Very decent quality. 99 grams, which is on the heavy side for an adapter. Carefully blackened. It has the "normal" tolerances you see, also from the expensive ones, at the lens and camera.

Quite a step up and the nicest adapter I've ever bought is the black "3H series" which is on eBay and comes from China. They show their CNC station in the listing and go on about the details.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271257886954?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Now this one has very tight tolerances and aside from going past infinity, like all almost SLR ones, it's the best quality I've seen from over 20 adapters in my closet :) 27.32USD shipped from china

I use K&F as well, will try the other later on, thanks for the info.
If a lens uses a more complicated floating element design than the adapter should be in perfect infinity alignment otherwise the performance may degrade a little.

Back