GR photos taken are brighter than live view

MarkoKovacevic

Well-known
Local time
7:17 PM
When I take a photo with it on auto (tav) the photo taken is brighter than the live view image. Any ideas why? Exposure compensation is off

Turn up the brightness on your cameras LCD screen.
The GR screen can get pretty dark when turned down.
I was disapointed when I first turned mine on....it was set very low.
Crank it up a bit. See if that helps.

Wouldn't it be same brightness for live view and captured photo still then? The captured is brighter on the same screen for some reason

Have you tried a reset? Does the aperture close down? you should be able to see it close when you snap a pic of your own face.
Edit: Let me add to this, the GR focuses with open aperture and adjusts the live view brightness accordingly, and then stops down to take the shot I think. So if the aperture wasn't working, that result in a problem like you're having.
But let's hope that's not it. Check if a live histogram and the histogram of the taken picture are the same. If yes, you're just experiencing some problem with the display brightness. I don't quite understand the display brightness settings, there are at least two different menu items about auto adjust... If the histograms differ, it may be a malfunction. Or maybe there's some setting that could mess with it that we haven't thought of yet.

Holy s***, mine does it, too! Played around a bit, irrespective of the display brightness settings. Only happens with very contrasty subjects, the live view seems to try to avoid overexposure. Same for you? Guess that's not a bug but a feature then... apparently the GR doesn't have a mode that show the true exposure result during live view. Well, generally histogram is a better tool to judge exposure anyway, but would be nice to have... Can anyone confirm these observations?

Back