Votes: 25 8.2%
  • Bessa R3M/A

Votes: 44 14.4%
  • Bessa R4M/A

Votes: 83 27.2%
  • None.

Votes: 34 11.1%

• Total voters
I didn't remember this poll. Apparently, I have voted for the T, which I have always admired for its minimalist approach and long base rangefinder. In fact, I have never owned a T and the model I currently own is the R3M. Go figure!

Cheers!

Abbazz

I had/have the L, R, R3M, T, and my vote goes to the R. Really good viewfinder. I very much like the 0.85x magnification, nearly as good as the 1.00x of the Canon P. Nailed focus. Leica M6 was dissapoiting compared to it. AE, accurate meter and a sturdy camera. Lightweight, small size. I even like the plastic shells, at least the black ones ageing with grace. Screw mount lenses!

I finally sold my L with 25mm Snapshot Skopar (which was my first Voigtlander gear) to another RFF member. Still have the unique R4A and oddball T!

Reflecting back on this poll, I stand by the vote for the Bessa T. An incredibly well designed, minimalist camera. I also give a shout out to the R2a, which is a poor man’s M7. I’ve owned other CV cameras but these two are keepers...

Reflecting back on this poll, I stand by the vote for the Bessa T. An incredibly well designed, minimalist camera. I also give a shout out to the R2a, which is a poor man’s M7. I’ve owned other CV cameras but these two are keepers...

Agreed! It's the only one I own, and caveat, I haven't used the R series, which I'm sure are great. But, the T is just so nice. I'm so fast with it. Wish hotshoe finders were a lot more affordable, higher quality and easier to find though.

I don't know. I have the R, R2S, and T. It's kind of like picking which one of my Ford Pinto's was the best. :D

PF

The R4 is really fantastic. The fact that it can do something no Leica can do is worth the price of admission. External wide finders are above the image and provide inaccurate framing.

Wish there had been an R4s. Imho, the R2s should have included the 105mm frameline instead of the 85mm. The 105 Nikkor is the crown jewel of non exotic Nikon RF lenses.

Back