Hand Colouring

Tried inkjet prints, I Made a few attempts on Hahnemuhle cotton paper matt (rag and williamturner) with watercolours and it works. Only problem is my artistic skill need much improvement!
robert

first attempt, my patient wife as subject...need to improve the manual technique!

med_U3692I1482089362.SEQ.0.jpg

Shot with Nikon FM2T on Delta 400

Here's one of me 36 years ago. I hand-coloured it, clumsily, using food dye.
DSCF0242%20-%20Version%202_zps2nzazzd8.jpg

I just looked and the colour is still there.

Here's one of me 36 years ago. I hand-coloured it, clumsily, using food dye.

I just looked and the colour is still there.
Well, man, I mean, like, y'know... Though you must have been something of a late developer as a hippie. Looks more like the 60s than 1980.

Cheers,

R.

I remember using Marshalls oils- I recall that a special spray was first applied to RC paper to give the surface the proper 'tooth' for adherence.

I used to do 8x10 Polaroid transfers to art paper and then hand colored with pencils
Very therapeutic.....since I did not not have darkroom it was one of few alternatives.
They are now framed and hanging on wall.

The real hard part.....was dragging around and dealing with an 8x10

These were infrared film (Kodak HIE, since discontinued) printed on Ilford matt papers - 16x20 - and hand colored using Pebeo Photo Oils and/or Prismacolor Pencils. I continue to hand color, but I also have been using digital matt surface papers of digital infrared photos taken with a converted Nikon D200.

I hope I have inserted this link properly:

https://www.markapplingfisher.com/#/route66/

I admire folks who make art like this. I had an associate photographer who did this and she gave my son and his wife a portrait made this way.

Frances art looks beautiful. Thanks for the link to view it.

Back