Hands on CL test - jpg vs RAW w/ MF lenses

Kai obviously had a pre or early production sample, as did all the reviewers. What is shipping now is the release camera, which allegedly does not have this problem.

Whether that change is what is slowing down deliveries now ... I find that very difficult to believe...
G

First off, I'm not criticizing but applauding Leica for holding back shipments until this is resolved.

Yes, Kai, the Leica shop etc all have/had the preproduction cameras. That is what I said. And shipping has been delayed while they work out this issue. Which is why it has been delayed!

Not sure where those that already have the CL got them, perhaps because the roll-out depends on the market. The usual suspects in the US - B&H, Adorama, Samys - do not have them but expect them but have not been given a date. Because of the delay due to fixing the hardware.

I'm curious why u don't think it's that when the Leica rep showed me the issue, on the camera that I was using! And then said that was the reason of the delay.

Anyway, it's a sweet piece and will be available when it's ready.

at least brennan's access to photo gear is through his regular job at a camera store, instead of having to, well, suck at the teat of camera manufacturers to make sure they stay in their good graces for review cameras.

at least brennan's access to photo gear is through his regular job at a camera store, instead of having to, well, suck at the teat of camera manufacturers to make sure they stay in their good graces for review cameras.

Can I just suck the teat... I don't need the gear to review. ;)

First off, I'm not criticizing but applauding Leica for holding back shipments until this is resolved.

Yes, Kai, the Leica shop etc all have/had the preproduction cameras. That is what I said. And shipping has been delayed while they work out this issue. Which is why it has been delayed!

Not sure where those that already have the CL got them, perhaps because the roll-out depends on the market. The usual suspects in the US - B&H, Adorama, Samys - do not have them but expect them but have not been given a date. Because of the delay due to fixing the hardware.

I'm curious why u don't think it's that when the Leica rep showed me the issue, on the camera that I was using! And then said that was the reason of the delay.

Anyway, it's a sweet piece and will be available when it's ready.

Because too many people I know are credible already have the camera in their hands ... not "demo" preproduction models. Yes I expect the demo NFS models all to be early or preproduction, of course.

Most of the shipments have happened in Germany, the UK, and other parts of Europe so far.

G

What aspect of "colour" are you refering to? I can easily color-match the samples to look virtually identical.

Well, mentioning objective facts could hurt peoples feelings.

I suggest you stick to hand-waving, ad-hoc leaps of faith to avoid unpopularity.

To be complete, IR filter and color-filter array frequency transmission properties have an effect on raw file data. Likewise, different demosaicking algorithm models generate different renderings. Objective comparisons of color perception require tedious planning, measurements, and data analyses.

Curious. The camera store he works at doesn't carry Leica.

Samys just called me and said they have got their first shipment of CLs.

Interesting timing seeing that my $15 Chinese M-TL adapter is meant to show up today.

Still think I'd be better served putting that money into a new Nikon D850 film scanner.

I just tried the CL with the pancake Lomo Minitar 32 2.8. This actually becomes an almost 50mm 2.8 lens when taking into account the aps-c conversion factor. So pretty much a tiny Leica 24mp cam + 50mm lens package.
It sticks out a wee bit further than it does on my M as it needs the adapter, but works better than on the M. Because the corner smearing and colour shifts prevalent on using this lens on full frame bodies is cropped out!

This is THE discrete Leica street shooter package.

When did B&H quit carrying Leica equipment? You must have some insider information about my employer that I don't know. Odd, it appears that my current employer also carries all Leica gear as well. Hmmmm....
Your location is Nashville, so I thought you were talking about its one remaining camera store.

That's good to know. I think (but am not certain) that they were left out of the TL2, probably because the viewfinder is an add-on.

I just tried the CL with the pancake Lomo Minitar 32 2.8. This actually becomes an almost 50mm 2.8 lens when taking into account the aps-c conversion factor. So pretty much a tiny Leica 24mp cam + 50mm lens package.
It sticks out a wee bit further than it does on my M as it needs the adapter, but works better than on the M. Because the corner smearing and colour shifts prevalent on using this lens on full frame bodies is cropped out!

This is THE discrete Leica street shooter package.

Very. cool...any photos of the combo?

Very. cool...any photos of the combo?

The thing I forgot to do..
:(

But it's tiny. Pretty much like a body cap attached to the M-TL adapter.
Speaking of.. my $15 Chinese M-TL adapter came in today. Seems really nicely made, butt we'll see.

Back