Happiness is...

Today it was getting the 4x5 out of the closet and exposing 5 sheets of Tri-X 320...
I now have enough exposed sheets to justify loading up the Nikor tank...

Happiness today was being amazed at how good slower speed (100) film can look. I developed some Arista Premium 100 in HC110 and I really like the results. I will be ordering more.

Happiness is also just enjoying the experience of film.

Mmmmmm.... Yeah.... But you're young. I loved my SV too. And quite a few girls that I met when I owned it. I didn't marry any of them... Now I'm happy with my wife of almost 30 years, and Leicas...

Cheers,

R.

I nearly married one. she now has that very SV. i may be young, but certainly not inexperienced in women or photographic equipment. I just haven’t found that ‘one’ that will end up meaning more than my SV did. thats okay though I got plenty of time. as for now, my newly acquired black paint SV will hopefully bring me the same amount of joy. and if I'm really lucky it won’t end up in the hands of another ex fiancé, who might have loved it more than me. ;)

Happiness is/was ... when I realized I never would need anything wider than 28mm :)

Looking forward to the photos, though, Frank.

Happiness is/was ... when I realized I never would need anything wider than 28mm :)

Looking forward to the photos, though, Frank.

When did you come to that realisation? I keep looking at the 15mm and 25mm in my cupboard and wondering if I'll ever use them again! :p

I looked at my shots taken with super-wides, Keith, and somehow they all smelled like "lens-test". :) For the few times in the field that I feel like using a very wide, I stitch. Like this:

p4-3negs-8bit-XL.jpg

So tonight I scanned the first 2 neg strips, and am not so happy with the scanning. I will need to really print these negs the old fashioned way to see what's in them. Here goes:

Attachments

• sunflower with arm (Large).jpg
    sunflower with arm (Large).jpg
    47 KB · Views: 0
  • farm porch (Large).jpg
    farm porch (Large).jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
... making an excuse to get new shooting shoes (oxblood Dr. Marten 1461 For Life Oxfords). I just started a new blog, I've been hanging out with some Occupy wherever people and I was thinking of heading to NYC or DC for a week to get "down in the trenches" to see what it really, truly is like. Good enough reason for new shoes for me:). I can't go to a city without decent walking shoes, now can I?

Now, I guess happiness is finding a decent wide for my D90, a bus ticket and crashing with this cute girl who lived on my floor at college...

Roland: It is the super-WA perspective vs. normal/standard perspective stitched. Very different.

For me, super wide angles work best when there is a prominent object/person in the foreground. Not a hard and fast rule, of course.

Back