Has fujifilm gone nuts?

zuiko85

Mentor
Local time
6:35 AM
At B&H a 20 exposure double pack of Instax Sq. is $17
A 60 exposure pack is $66.
So if you buy 3 double packs it would be $51......but,
it is $15 more for the same number of exposures sold in one package.
B&H is not a high margin retailer so I would assume the prices reflect fujifilm’s dealer cost structure.

I would assume the opposite. B&H prices what they sell. It could be a mistake. Or you could just buy the cheaper one and forget about it.

Weird, isn't it. Amazon.ca has 20 pack (10x2) of wide for $21 (on sale from $25) and a 50 pack (10x5) for $90...

I suppose it could just be a popular size right now and sellers are taking advantage of demand. Nothing drives prices like demand. It is a image size that medium format lenses could just cover, making interchangeable backs for instant film possible.

Also, when I lived in the EU, I bought a big haul of Instax Mini and Wide film and found significant price differences, especially when bought in bulk.

Kodak prices its bulk film at a considerable premium to roll film, which makes little sense but it's the same everywhere.

If I see something like this I just buy the cheaper option, often happens in supermarkets on other goods.

Just buy the cheaper options and move on without alerting B&H and others about the deals.

Maybe just a B&H thing.

HHPhoto/Skiff is the resident Instax expert; I am sure he'll know if something strange is up at Fuji.

Back