Hasselblad SWC is cool

I love my SWC's as well. After carrying around my larger Hassey's, the SWC's are just sweet.

Now all you need is to find the Voigtlander low level viewfinders. They really make the view throught the VF bright and clear. They look like this: http://www.adorama.com/VTVFA.html

I would have bought a regular Hassie if I wanted bulk. The beauty of the SWC is the lens, matched with a small body for 6x6 point and shoot fun.

I am tempted to limit myself to the SWC in my next trip.

I would have bought a regular Hassie if I wanted bulk. The beauty of the SWC is the lens, matched with a small body for 6x6 point and shoot fun.

I am tempted to limit myself to the SWC in my next trip.

Been there, did that, does a great job. Not as compact as a good folder, though, but you get that lens and FoV ... ;-)

The SWC was designed to do other things as well. It's a great copy camera as well as a tool for architectural study and landscape work. That we use it for a '6x6 point and shoot fun' camera is great, but I have that and other ideas in mind for which its flexibility is a plus.

G

Mine is UU - 1977. T*.

That is -exactly- what I eventually want. A Black T* 1977 or so body on a chrome SWC/M. Very special and will exactly match all my other Blad stuff. I know I own 75% of everything they ever made from that era, but have never had an SWC/M.

The erector set of photography as I call it.

Been there, did that, does a great job. Not as compact as a good folder, though, but you get that lens and FoV ... ;-)

The SWC was designed to do other things as well. It's a great copy camera as well as a tool for architectural study and landscape work. That we use it for a '6x6 point and shoot fun' camera is great, but I have that and other ideas in mind for which its flexibility is a plus.

G

I will use it for landscape photography or sure. This is what I really like to do.

470 Nitro Express

470 Nitro Express

That is -exactly- what I eventually want. A Black T* 1977 or so body on a chrome SWC/M. Very special and will exactly match all my other Blad stuff. I know I own 75% of everything they ever made from that era, but have never had an SWC/M.

The erector set of photography as I call it.

Yes

IMAG0129.jpg

I got a SWC a few months ago. Love it! I was deciding between getting the 40mm CFE FLE to my 203FE, or the SWC. Almost the same price.

But the near distortion free biogon got me in the end. Just had to experience it. Plus the 203FE with a 40mm is almost 2kg, which is a bit on the heavy side when you carry it for a whole day. And the SWC is so light and easy to carry, perfect travel partner!

The SWC/M with Prontor CF lens mount/shutter sure looks nice in black!

SWC photos always have this spacious feeling to them, love how this lens renders.

Nice score! Probably my favorite camera/lens combo which gave me the highest percentage of keepers. i used to own one many years ago when I was doing architectural stuff. One of the best features was the bubble level built into the viewfinder, 'cause for professional work we generally had to keep verticals straight and at 90 degrees to the horizon. It was our default setup when the 4x5 with 65mm or 90mm Super Angulon was too cumbersome.

Small, light, portable, world class lens, quiet focal plane shutter, amazing image quality and just plain fun to tote and shoot.

BTW, I see you're in Pensacola Raid, I'm in New Orleans, so feel free to get in touch if you're over this way.

Congrats!

Now all you need is to find the Voigtlander low level viewfinders. They really make the view throught the VF bright and clear. They look like this: http://www.adorama.com/VTVFA.html

I've been wondering if I couldn't hack one of these into use as the nearly identical $1000 SWC version. I really don't mind the original one though, even though it's like looking through the bottom of a Coca Cola bottle.

omigosh ...
The SWC arrived today. The photos on Ebay did not do it justice at all. It is nearly perfect, just one little scratch on the viewfinder shell. Lens is perfect, shutter sounds perfect at all speeds too. This was a find. I'm jazzed.

Camera, back cap, lens cap, hand strap, lens hood and cap have all arrived. Just waiting for the A12 back to arrive (Monday).

Need to order a camera plate for my A-S tripod clamps and an orange filter.

I blame it all on you guys. ;-) Thanks!

G

omigosh ...
The SWC arrived today. The photos on Ebay did not do it justice at all. It is nearly perfect, just one little scratch on the viewfinder shell. Lens is perfect, shutter sounds perfect at all speeds too. This was a find. I'm jazzed.

Camera, back cap, lens cap, hand strap, lens hood and cap have all arrived. Just waiting for the A12 back to arrive (Monday).

Need to order a camera plate for my A-S tripod clamps and an orange filter.

I blame it all on you guys. ;-) Thanks!

G

Congratulations - which one did you get? The one you showed above?

When I had the focusing screen and RFMx, I noticed the lens scale is accurate for close-up work with a ruler or pocket laser rangefinder.

5493783634_df89ab414a_z.jpg

5640982507_dd334b9e73_z.jpg

I declare the week of 16-22 December 2012 to the the international week of the SWC. Those of us blessed with stewardship of a Hasselblad SWC should show we are worthy by shooting with nothing but the SWC during this coming week.

:D

Congratulations - which one did you get? The one you showed above?

No, that belongs to someone on the GetDPI forum.

I found this one on Ebay and, after punching the buy button, I discovered the person selling it was someone I knew from another camera forum.

Once the back is here, I'll make some photos of it. :)

G

(Oh yes, a ground glass focusing back is on the way too. Need a viewfinder for it ... :)

Good move. I have the 41025 GG screen for mine, but I think there's another one that is a lot brighter. The chimney finder works very nicely with this, and has just enough diopter adjustment (-3.5) to let me use it without my glasses.

Edit: the 41050 screen is later, and brighter, and KEH has one for $337!!

Good move. I have the 41025 GG screen for mine, but I think there's another one that is a lot brighter. The chimney finder works very nicely with this, and has just enough diopter adjustment (-3.5) to let me use it without my glasses.

Edit: the 41050 screen is later, and brighter, and KEH has one for $337!!

The same fellow who sold me the camera has the later model GG with the Acute Matte screen. He sent it along for me to evaluate and purchase ($250) if I want it ... it's waiting for me to pick it up at the post office today. I don't think it's going back if it's anywhere near as nice as the camera is. ;-)

I want to use the camera on a copy stand as well as in the field for some more precise work: I think a 45 degree prism finder is the right choice for me, gives a more convenient eye point to work with in either orientation than the chimney finder.

Back