Hasselblad V lens Stuck on Fotodiax Pro GFX Adapter

the adapter was removed by removing the lens locking retaining mechanism,
made possible by removing the four tiny screws that hold it in.

IMO the lens locking mechanism on this 1st version Fotodiax Hasselblad V to Fuji GFX adapter
is poorly designed and so the adapter should be avoided.

Not only is the lens release pin far too small to be conveniently and comfortably used
(the small pin presses uncomfortably into your finger to remove the lens),
the internal mechanism is badly designed so that it can jam easily,
thereby making it impossible to remove the lens,
without disassembling the adapter.

aperture and shutter: I don't know why you'd set the lens shutter to the F mark. That's for use with Hasselblad V 200 series bodies with a focal plane shutter so that the body can control the shutter mechanism; I don't know what behavior it elicits when you fit the lens to an adapter.

Both C and CF lenses should be mounted and unmounted with the Hasselblad shutter cocked, which means the shutter is wound and open, and the aperture is opened to maximum aperture. On both C and CF lenses, if you use the on-lens control to stop down the aperture, the lens is in the right state for an adapted focal plane shutter camera: you should be able to turn the aperture ring and adjust the aperture. On a C lens, you can only reset the the aperture by releasing the shutter and re-cocking the shutter and aperture. On a CF lens, you can reset the aperture by pressing the end and moving the manual stop down lever back. For use with a mount adapter, the shutter should never release so you can always refit the lens, either C or CF, to a Hasselblad body without any issues.

lens removal: It definitely sounds like the mount adapter's flange locking pin is jammed in the lens.

I had a similar stuck flange release pin happen with a mount adapter and a Nikon lens once. It was a pain in the butt to get it to release...! It got it to move, finally, with a very thin (0.0005") feeler gauge worked between the mount adapter flange and the lens flange, working it back and forth in contact with the locking pin. After I got them apart, I sent the mount adapter back to the manufacturer in exchange for another as that one was obviously out of spec.

G

lens removal: It definitely sounds like the mount adapter's flange locking pin is jammed in the lens.

G

the adapter was disassembled. The adapter lens mount was not functioning correctly. Nothing was jammed. It was not working as it should due to poor design.

Back