Help identify lines on prints.....

N

Natalia

Got my Yashica GSN and Kodak Pro 400UC prints today. The first impression was "wow" as always, but then I noticed lines (lengthwise) on each print. Checked the negs -- they were clear. Hmmmmm.........

Below is a sample of those lines, PLUS 2 more tipes of lines. Could you look at the pic and tell me what went wrong? I numbered the 3 types of lines....

Thanks!

#3 is a light leak, check your foam seals on the left or right side.
The others look like they are from processing, esp. if the negs don't have lines.

You can tape the sides of you camera with black electrical tape and shoot a test roll, some with tape some without, this should tell you if it's a light leak.
Good luck!

Todd

Natalia,
I saw a pic of yours in the gallery taken with an SLR "back from a soccer game", same lines on the picture, did you scan this from a neg.? If so then the lines might be on your negative alsoor these may be from your scanner.

Todd

Def light leaks. I get that kind of problem with my Kiev's on a regular basis. What you have there is the seals on the left or right edge not fully squeazing in. I've personally been really lazy and tended to use the lower half of a neverready case as my substitute for a real seal job.

William

Todd, the "coming from the soccer game" shot was with GSN as well, not with an SLR...Sorry for the confusion.....

William,

Not all photos came out with "light leaks"...only 2. Is this normal?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back