Help with Leica T to computer connection

Leica0Series

Well-known
Local time
2:48 AM
Hi folks!

I had some old DSLR stuff in the closet that I wasn't using much and didn't like using when I did, so I sold it off to MPB and got a like-new Leica T for a whopping $26 difference.

The T works great and is fun to use, with the latest firmware. I've figured out most of it but I can't get it to connect to my computer, a mid-2012 MacBook Pro. When I connect the T to the computer with a USB cable, it will charge but the contents of the camera don't show up on screen. I've connected it with the camera off and on, and even rebooted the computer while it was connected, but nothing happens.

The T manual indicates that it should mount like a hard drive, but it just doesn't. It's not the end of the world if this particular feature doesn't work, but it would certainly drive me to use SD cards instead of relying on the internal memory.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong, if anything?

am usually avoiding direct camera to computer connection. much less can go wrong with simple SD card. if USB type (MTP and something else) can be changed in camera, try switching that if it helps.

Have you tried the Leica app on a tablet or phone? I believe they were thinking that wifi-kinda-way when the T came out, especially if you rely on internal memory images.

It may be your 2012 Mac was too old back then, or else has not kept up with T firmware. A more modern Macbook would require more dongles to adapt USB to its newest ‘universal interface.’

I rely on SD cards myself for my first-generation T. Although I enjoyed the wifi image transfer luxury when it worked (and it was not as reliable as Sony’s, in my experience), I prefer keeping SD backup for as long as they last. And my iMac — the main photography development device — has a handy SD card reader.

Surely someone else who uses Macs and prefers a non-SD approach with the T can be a better resource than me. I do not think, though, that the T found more than a few users here, so you may have to seek far and wide.

Back