Help with pricing for Bronica RF645 kit

chrisjejbrown

Local time
3:33 PM
Hi everyone

About 18 months ago I bought an RF645 with 45 and 65mm lenses - also the special polarizer and viewfinder for the 45. I then added the 100mm a little later. It hasn't been out of the bag for a year now even though I do love to use the camera. Been working exclusively with Canon digital kit to pay the rent. I was hoping someone here could give me a good idea what I might sell this for. I know the 100mm's are sought after now but have no idea how to price the whole kit. Any thoughts are appreciated.

I am happily using my Bronica kit, but have been following what they sell for on ebay. I am in no doubt that you would get the best price by seperately selling the 100mm lens. The people who want one all have the rest of the kit, but are missing the 100mm lens. A 100mm lens on its own recently generated a fair old bidding war, selling for almost as much as a kit like yours sold for in its entirety!
The same may well go for the polarising kit, which principally appeals to people who have the camera and lens kit already.
So my advice would be to sell in 3 lots, to maximise your return.
Hope this helps.
Ian

I would second Ian's advice about splitting the kit. If someone wants everything they can always bid for everything! I added the 100mm and flash after buying the rest of the kit from Robert White - with the flash I persuaded a well known London dealer to split it from a kit they were selling [and they only asked £50, which was less than I was willing to pay...].

The aforementioned Robert White had a serviced body/standard lens recently that they were asking £550 for if I remember correctly. Ffordes have a 45mm for £350. I haven't seeen a polarizer recently otherwise I would have bought it!

Also, if I were trying this, I'd probably sell the body and 65mm lens first, knowing that I would have no trouble selling the other lenses. I would be afraid that if I offered the whole lot at once, the 45mm and 100mm lenses would sell, and I'd be left with the body. Then I'd just wish I had the other lenses again....

That's probably a silly concern, though.

Good advice above... You might also check completed auctions on eBay, and pricing at KEH.com... who I see has now a body+65mm in Ex+ condition at $999. My used body-only "Exc" from them last year was $616.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks to all those that replied. Some good advice here. I will try to sell the 100mm and polarizers seperately and then the kit. Cheers everyone.

Chris,

If you are going to sell the 100mm and polarizer kit seperately I'd be very, very interested in both, as I already have the body, 45 and 65 lenses.

E-mail sent to you with my e-mail address to reply to.

Barry

Last edited:
BCF said:
... I'd be very, very interested in [the 100], as I already have the body, 45 and 65 lenses.

See what I mean? For anyone wanting to sell a whole kit, it may be best to try to sell the body and standard lens first.

Now I'd better get out and use mine, so I won't be tempted to unload it....

Advice taken

Advice taken

Well I have taken everyone's advice here and my RF645 kit, lenses and polarizer are now up on ebay. Thanks everyone.

chrisjejbrown said:
Well I have taken everyone's advice here and my RF645 kit, lenses and polarizer are now up on ebay. Thanks everyone.
I think it would have been nice to offer them in the classifieds here in RFF before putting them up on eBay, but best of luck with your auction.

Back