Henri Cartier-Bresson Photographic Exhibition Rome - Museo dell'Ara Pacis

matt335

Well-known
Local time
2:51 AM
I just attended this exhibition today.

It is amazing. Words could never adequately describe the beauty and creativity of genius in this exhibition. From Henri's personal sketches, self portraits, painting from an early age, photographs, documentary films and life story one can get a full picture of the length and breadth of his gift to mankind. There is never enough time but there is plenty of time to let go and live.

http://en.arapacis.it/mostre_ed_eventi/mostre/henri_cartier_bresson

I saw an exhibition at the Pompidou Centre in 2014. A very different sort of comprehensive collection. I was struck by the poor quality of so many of the prints. The one on the beach at Dieppe in 1927 I think is so fresh in books but the print they had was awful. The early material is always so interesting with artists. There is a book on his early works. I’d love to see his paintings. Didn’t think much of his later drawings.

I remember the one I saw in Rome had an authencity about it. I do confess, however, I wasn't really looking at the quality of the prints. I agree Richard, some books cannot cope and deliver sub quality representations. This exhibition I saw was a lifetime experience.

Attachments

• 16681496425_af5e67073c_c.jpg
    16681496425_af5e67073c_c.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 3
Back