Here is my M

Edelweiss

Established
Local time
1:05 PM
I'm really a freshman in Rangfinder who just transfered from a NIKON FM3A. Leica M had been my dream for so long since I was still a student in campus, I purchased a MP after graduation with no hesitate.
Here is my M;)

793738_1233194764.jpg

793738_1233194817.jpg

793738_1233194581.jpg

Last edited:
Oooh wow, brand new? Better add some leather protection to avoid strap lug brassing marks. Make good use of your beautiful machine and enjoy!

..and welcome to the forum!

The MP is beautiful and you'll do well with it. I have an old M2 I got back in 1970, I think. It is to this day a trouble free, working machine. I've never had problems with it and it continues to this day as an excellent performer. Good luck with yours and may you have it for a very long time.

Beautiful. If I were ever to buy an M later than the 4 I own, this would be my choice. Retro quality and retro look. Good luck and use it well and often.

Good to see dreams do come true. I hope you enjoy your beautiful camera to the full.

Bob

Great looking camera. Scratch it right away so you don't have to worry about babying it. Agreed re: hood. Get rid of the UV unless you're shooting in really poor conditions.

It's been a long time since I've seen one shiny.

The first time I scratched mine was the greatest thing that ever happened to me.

Both of my M's look like they've been through a rock tumbler.

No need to scratch it or abuse it to enjoy it. Get a Luigi case, respect it and it will retain the beauty and joy it now displays. Something to say for a finely kept instrument. Just my opinion.

Ah! What a beauty! Never Never sell it. Just use the hell out of it. I bought my M6 new in 1990 and although it has been well used it has not been abused ( not counting the day I shot for 8 hours straight in pouring rain with another leica user for a charity on a Day Without Art) If your camera has the Leica passport warranty, regardless of whether you think the camera needs a cla, send it in for a complete cla the month before the warranty runs out. No Matter how you think the camera functions now, when you get it back from that cla , years from now, it will be running better than it runs now. I did this with my M6 and I coudn't believe how smooth the camera worked after that first cla. Not to say it wasn't running great before the cla. Its like these cameras are made so damn well that it takes a few years of real use to "break" them in. Incredible machines. I love my Leicas, M6 and M4.

Oooh wow, brand new? Better add some leather protection to avoid strap lug brassing marks. Make good use of your beautiful machine and enjoy!

..and welcome to the forum!

Yes, it's brand new, and it is really a Big Budget for me who just step into career.

After purchasing the body, I can only afford a Summicron M 50......

Hi all, here is my first 'shoot' with my new M:

My dear sister was striving in a pile of books, she will attend College Entrance Examination in 2010.:)
793738_1233624630.jpg

Back