Hexar RF Eyepiece

bernhardv

Local time
1:53 PM
I got a Hexar RF, sadly it just has the +2D viewfinder eyepiece on it. I would be really interested in finding a 0D one or a possible replacement?

0D is the "plain" one?

The ones pointed out on ebay are very expensive. If it is the same size as the one on the voigtlander cameras then the nikon eyepiece for the Nikon FM type of cameras will fit and they cost next to nothing

Yes have seen the brass ones on ebay, if i dont find a better alternative I would probably have to go with them.

And yes, 0D is the plain one for the people with "perfect sight"... Got the Hexar RF for really cheap and in perfect condition except the eyepiece, so I would really love to keep it and find an eyepiece...

Would be curious if somebody knows if maybe the Nikon F ones fit, as they seem to look very similar and also seem to have the same diameter? (eg. something like that https://static.bhphoto.com/images/images500x500/1535392151000_37357.jpg)

Just found out that you could get the original eyepiece at Japan Exposure, http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/accessories/standard-ocular-eyepiece-for-hexar-rf.html, but also dont seem to sell it anymore...

If it is the same size as the one on the voigtlander cameras then the nikon eyepiece for the Nikon FM type of cameras will fit and they cost next to nothing
Nope. Completely different and not interchangeable.

Even Kenko Tokina, who took over repairs (and got the parts stash) from Konica Minolta, doesn't have stock anymore. Kenko Tokina never sold eyepieces only. For a while there, you could send your Hexar RF into Kenko Tokina for CLA sans the eyepiece, and the camera would come back with a new standard eyepiece, but even that trick is a no go now.

Would be curious if somebody knows if maybe the Nikon F ones fit, as they seem to look very similar and also seem to have the same diameter?
Nope. Hexar RF eyepieces are unique. Even the 0D eyepiece has magnification that combines with the RF system to give 0D. Much like Leica eyepieces in that respect.

Back