Hexar RF ISO Dial

Kumachrome

Established
Local time
8:55 AM
Hello,
I'm having the hardest time trying to source a specific part for my Hexar RF. The ISO dial on my Hexar has broken off, leaving the camera stuck in DX mode. Not only that, but it's a bit ugly now.

I've messaged JCH, various camera repairmen, Nippon Camera, Kanto camera, etc etc, with no luck.

Would anyone here happen to own a dead Hexar RF body and be willing to sell me their ISO Dial from it? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

Have you considered a 3D printed replacement? I am unfamiliar with the mechanics of the hexar but perhaps you can try a polymer dial and upgrade to a metal dial once the fit is confirmed.

Thanks for your response. Yes, I did consider it, but I have no idea where to start with that. Perhaps you can point me in the right direction?

Ah, I see. So it seems I'd have to get the measurements for the part. Fortunately, the piece that has broken it the top plate of the ISO dial which is what keeps the actual dial itself secured on the camera. So I can measure the internal circumference of the ISO dial. I remember that the part also has a "lip" that was about 1mm. With those measurements, I should be able to make a simple circular model, then I just need to find a local 3D printing service.

Can you get ahold of a Contax G body to compare the parts? As I recall the G bodies are extremely similar, unlikely to be exact, but could possibly rigged to fit.

Back