hexar rf: removing framelines and viewfinder magnifier

aizan

Mentor
Local time
9:12 PM
I posted this on the Yahoo Group, also. There should be a Konica forum here, neh?

Anyhow, I'm thinking of replacing my M2 with a Hexar RF. I'd like to remove the 75 and 135 framelines, and I've searched the archives of the usual suspects but apparently nobody has done it. Is it technically possible?

I'd also like to make a magnifier, to have 1x (or at least .9x) for 50 and 90, and .6x for 28 and 35. I know the eyepiece threads don't match those on the Leica 1.25x magnifier, so one or the other needs to be tweaked, aside from the magnification factor. It might be easier and cheaper to make it from scratch. But first, would you still be able to see the shutter speed scale with the magnifier on? Does it affect eye relief?

Do a Google or whatever search for Greg Weber, as he is reputed to be the top Konica tech (@ least in the U.S.).

A bit OT, but the other day, visiting a store I found a new old stock, brand new in box Hexar RF set: camera, 50/2 Hexanon, flash, cases, hood, etc for 1000 euros. On the next day, it was gone.

Back