Hey everyone! Updated my site, some feedback would be great!

Nice job, Ruben. Clean and clear design, and your photographs are excellent. Nice to see it come together, isn't it?

Johan

Nice clean well designed site.
Nice mix of images, but cohesive.
Music shows interesting lights etc. Well done.
We all try for more at music, because music is not visible.

Thank you all!
Nice job, Ruben. Clean and clear design, and your photographs are excellent. Nice to see it come together, isn't it?

Johan

Haha, thanks man, it is really nice to see it all come together. Especially after just finishing my BFA with a concentration in Photography - having a finished site makes it feel like it finally all amounted to something.

Hoping to start selling prints sometime soon, as well as trying to get work into gallery shows.

Excellent. I've seen the layout a few times now, and it works perfectly.

I love the first color picture (man in vest, sitting, on phone), and the b&w of the man halfway in the shadow. Was that candid? If so, amazing. If not, still amazing. You've certainly got "the eye."

What film was used for the color picture? So vivid. Love the colors.

Nice looking site, love the layout. Really enjoyed your B&W images, or I should say I liked them all but enjoyed the B&W the most.

Enjoyed taking a look at your instagram thread as well . . . . . .

Your site likes and is easy to read even if I do not find the system comfortable to switch from one image to another and how to switch to previewing. The graphics are very elegant and I really enjoy it.
Your photos are really very nice and full of atmosphere. Both B & W and color tones are great. Maybe the color photos are few.
There is a lack of titles on the photos because it would be interesting to know the location of the shots.
Ultimately, I think it's a great site with great images and of course everything can be improved.
When I open the post to me it will be useful to know your opinion on my site.

Beautifully done site but your work is a breath of fresh air. The content is very strong and the execution of reproducing them is exceptional. Very well done!

I think you lead with your strongest image Ruben, and there are quite a few gems in there as well. I especially enjoy your street level views, like the first one with the strong shadows on the fancy masonry, or the one in a bit with the guy, manholes and lots of steam. Good stuff. I found the changing arrow a great way to cruise through your collection with little distraction or delay.

Excellent. I've seen the layout a few times now, and it works perfectly.

I love the first color picture (man in vest, sitting, on phone), and the b&w of the man halfway in the shadow. Was that candid? If so, amazing. If not, still amazing. You've certainly got "the eye."

What film was used for the color picture? So vivid. Love the colors.

Sorry, I missed these last responses.

Yeah, both of those were candid! Everything on my site is, actually, if I remember correctly. I appreciate the compliment, thank you so much!

I want to say that was Portra 400? If not, it was Ektar 100. Pretty sure it was Portra 400 though. I love that stuff.

Nice looking site, love the layout. Really enjoyed your B&W images, or I should say I liked them all but enjoyed the B&W the most.

Enjoyed taking a look at your instagram thread as well . . . . . .

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed viewing them, I'm pretty partial to the B&W stuff myself :D

Your site likes and is easy to read even if I do not find the system comfortable to switch from one image to another and how to switch to previewing. The graphics are very elegant and I really enjoy it.
Your photos are really very nice and full of atmosphere. Both B & W and color tones are great. Maybe the color photos are few.
There is a lack of titles on the photos because it would be interesting to know the location of the shots.
Ultimately, I think it's a great site with great images and of course everything can be improved.
When I open the post to me it will be useful to know your opinion on my site.

Thanks for the feedback. I feel the same way about the navigation - I'm still working on figuring that out. Definitely working on adding more color work as well! I considered adding titles/locations/dates for the photos, but was thinking it might take away from viewing the image. I may add those soon though. Thanks so much! I'll check out your site.

Beautifully done site but your work is a breath of fresh air. The content is very strong and the execution of reproducing them is exceptional. Very well done!

Wow, I'm flattered! Thank you so much! I'm working on expanding this body of work and hoping to get started on a photo book soon!

I think you lead with your strongest image Ruben, and there are quite a few gems in there as well. I especially enjoy your street level views, like the first one with the strong shadows on the fancy masonry, or the one in a bit with the guy, manholes and lots of steam. Good stuff. I found the changing arrow a great way to cruise through your collection with little distraction or delay.
Thanks! That first one is definitely one of my favorites. I appreciate the feedback!

Everything looks good, simple. I'm using Google Chrome on Windows 10. Every time I mouse over the photo displayed I get a confusing "enlarge" icon hover over. That is confusing so just fix that to a more appropriate Mouse Over. All good.

My fave photo is the guy standing in between light and shadow. Clever that you noticed that!

I used to be a web developer/graphics designer - hope this helps.

Back