holga 120mm film processing help???

Local time
3:22 AM
i want to start processing and printing my own 120mm films i use with my holga. i was just wondering if anyone knew what kind of equipment can handle holgas numerous personality disorders and isnt too expensive. thanks alot

Patterson plastic reels and tanks are the cheapest option i think
the Patterson film spool is adaptable for 35 and 120 formats.
Jessops in the UK made their own version which was even cheaper.

Personally i prefer the stainless steel tanks and spirals as they are easier to clean, don't stain and dry very quickly but these are more expensive.

Re the Holga's "quirks " when processing the film i treat it the same as any other 120 film.

just make sure you know what speed your film has effectively been exposed at as there is very minimal control with the camera. or example in overcast weather my film speed was effectively 800 as that was teh EI required to give a correct exposure at teh fixed speeds of teh holga. I therefore shot TriX and push processed in Xtol. The weather was fairly grey and steady so at least all shots were similiarly exposed. The Holga will give all sorts of trouble if the weather is bright, then dull, then sunny then flat....that said, eriously overexposed negs are less of an issue as holga images tend not to be printed too big so if some are overexposed its no bother.

Back