Holga 135 PAN.

Ko.Fe.

Lenses 35/21 Gears 46/20
Local time
1:43 AM
Short review of Holga 135 PAN camera after using it for few months.

This is my first lomography, panoramic camera.

Description and best price I was able to find for NA.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/969691-REG/holga_231135_135_pan_panorama_camera.html

Flickr group.
http://www.flickr.com/groups/holga135pan/

I purchased it because I was looking for film panoramic camera first, but I didn't want to pay fortune for something I need only few times per year.

In terms of lomography I don't like it square anyway.

Holga 135 PAN is under $100 price tag, plus it is new camera. They started to make them only couple years ago.

It came to me as very nice package, with instructions.
Additional pinhole lens was included.

IMG_2235.jpg

Took me one roll of film to learn how to rewind it properly.

Country Pan. by Ko.Fe., on Flickr
Kodak TMAX 100 (5000 pix picture)

As result, the frame counter is broken. The rest seems to work fine. The only thing I still couldn't figure out is non-Holga flash photography. My another manufacturer film auto flash doesn't synchronize with this camera.

I like how easy to operate this camera. It is very light weight also.
It works with Polypan F (ISO 50) and other speed films, not only with 400 films.
Framing is accurate.

in Red. by Ko.Fe., on Flickr
Fuji Superia Xtra 400.

Marc's family. by Ko.Fe., on Flickr
Expired DNG Centuria 400.

Untitled by Ko.Fe., on Flickr
Self developed at home Kodak Gold 400.

Cheers!

H135PAN_FujiSuperiaXtra400_Sep_2013292.JPG

I've been looking at these myself. I've got the Belair X6-12 and shoot it in 6x9 and 6x12 mode but I like the idea of a Holga that is purely for the 6x12 shots. The pinhole lens extra is just a nice bonus. :D

When I make a panorama, I like to have sharp corners. That kind of destroys the point of this holga pan for me. I guess using 35 film on a normal holga will do better than this.

Back