Hood for the Nikon 5cm/1.4?

I measured the newer shade- 60mm diameter, 26mm height- measured from where the shade extends from the lens, not counting the inner threads.

The vintage shades have gone way up. The one shown, bought in the original box- at $40, considered it a very good price.

My favorite shades are the original Walz Vented lens hoods. They are getting scarce. I have several in 40mm, 40.5mm, and 46mm. I have a couple sets of the Walz filters for Canon, Sonnar, Nikkor, and even the Summitar. These used to be cheap. I have a couple boxes of filters. I have filters that just will not go into certain lenses, the threads can vary slightly- too thick, too deep, etc. Best advice- if you cannot easily screw the filter or hood into the lens, do not force it. If the threads of the filter or lens are damaged - be careful. If the filter ring is dirty, or the threads of the filter are dirty- clean them before screwing the filter in. I probably have 20 Nikkor lenses that use 43mm filters. I've looked at several today- the B&W 43mm filters fit the oldest 5cm F1.4 that I have (a Tokyo lens) to the Millennium Nikkor.

Thank you very much for the dimensions!!
If I don't know what to do, I go to the lathe and try to make a part out of aluminum.

My late black rim LTM Nikkor 5cm/1.4 fits modern Hoya; 1970s era Vivitar; and a set of the Walz colored filters (red, yellow, UV, amber, blue) just fine. The Walz vented shade that came with those filters will not screw in completely, and it even says "for Nikkor" on it. I always thought this was strange.

Back