Horst Wenzel, Leica Repair Legend, Passes.

So sad to hear this. Horst was a lovely guy, I used to have wonderful extended chats with him whenever I would drop off or pick up a repair. I have not seen him in a couple of years since he had repaired everything I own so well that I have had no desire to buy anything else. Here is a snap I took of him in his lair.

Attachments

• 17156206768_60cc1bebe5_k.jpg
    17156206768_60cc1bebe5_k.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 24
So sorry to hear about Horst - he really was a wonderful fellow
med_U3735I1489594615.SEQ.0.webp

Thank you for posting this. Horst was THE MAN....

Many fond memories, came upon the name when i was at UBC in early 2000's ; I lived down the street in Dunbar area, he took me into his basement replete with a zillion parts, machines and what have you.... serviced my then 20 year old Hasselblad

In fact he serviced my Zeiss 80 earlier this year and my M2 in July of this year. Picked it up at his home ( I now live in Kelowna BC)... and we chatted about his garden. I also noticed that he inserted a circular Leica red paper in the hollow part of the shutter release ( where the cable release would screw in)....he said it was his calling card ! Pretty cool , I'm not sure how long we was doing that for. He was adamant he would not work on M6's though! 😄

Such an awesome friendly man.

Rest easy Horst

Back