Hotels, Motels Signs and Places You Might Stay

8507818970_a6bd25fdcb_k.jpg

Saigon, The Rex Hotel. Once the seat of American power during 'the war' as the Military Assitance Command Vietnam (MACV), the venue from which it organized daily press briefings, dubbed by the international press corps as the 'Five O'Clock Follies'. It's still there today, as an upscale business and tourist hotel -with a Chanel store on the ground floor. Cheers, OtL

Last edited:
This 2008 photo of the "stagecoach campground" is from a documentary series exhibit from the gallery at Orlando City Hall. A few years later, I began to question the ethics of this photo. I have since concluded the implicit primary focus of the photo is the sensationalism of the two fat women, thus I would not use it again. Do you have these ethical discussions with yourself or others?

Stage-Coach-campground-fat-.jpg

Last edited:
This 2008 photo of the "stagecoach campground" is from a documentary series exhibit from the gallery at Orlando City Hall. A few years later, I began to question the ethics of this photo. I have since concluded the implicit primary focus of the photo is the sensationalism of the two fat women, thus I would not use it again. Do you have these ethical discussions with yourself or others?

View attachment 4826915
I have these conversations with myself and others often. A lot of my work is for publication where copyright is handed to the publisher (most scientific journals work this way), and a lot of other work is done for families and others where the contract expressly makes the photos private for the client and not for use by me except to show other clients physical copies (but not allow them to have them). But for work that I show others, my intent and what the subjects would think counts a lot for what I end up doing with the photos. But some of the time just showing things how they are is important.

View attachment 4826915
I think it's worth interrogating fatphobia in one's self, but I don't really see it in the picture. I just see some women and kids at the pool.

Walking distance from Midway Airport..... And right across from a Walgreens! Nikon F3AF, AF-Nikkor 35mm/f2D, Fuji Acros I, Rodinal 1:50

NceSak.jpg

Back