how bad is the omd 10 16mp sensor noise ?

I use the E-M5ii which has the same sensor, and while the high iso isn't amazing, it's really not as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. I found the following lightroom settings suggested on Flickr and it makes a massive difference in quality:

Sharpness 25-30
Radius 0.7
Mask 50
Noise reduction Luminance 10-25 (higher iso higher value)
Detail 70-80

M43 is terrible in low light. You'd be much better off with a Ricoh GRII or a Fuji X70, or even a used Sony RX1.

That just ain't true...

I've been using Micro Four Thirds (GH2, EM5 and now Pen F) and a GR (mkI and now mkII) side by side for years. Sure, based purely on high-ISO IQ, the GR wins (although not by as much as you'd think). But IBIS, the ability to mount fast primes, an eye-level finder (so you can brace the body properly), and AF performance means that MFT is always my go to for low light.

Some after-dark documentary work with the EM5 (Sony 16mp sensor)

I use the E-M5ii which has the same sensor, and while the high iso isn't amazing, it's really not as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. I found the following lightroom settings suggested on Flickr and it makes a massive difference in quality:

Sharpness 25-30
Radius 0.7
Mask 50
Noise reduction Luminance 10-25 (higher iso higher value)
Detail 70-80
Interesting , thanks !

Wow !

My Omd em10mk2 came yesterday !!!
preowned , but practically unused , some 50-100 actuations , one year warranty .

I needed some time to learn the camera ... I got a 20/1,7 from a friend of mine , and realised that this camera needs a fast lens .The kit zoom is not for me. I set the camera and today I realised that it really can shoot successfully in low light up to 6400 , with a little help from Neat Image ��

But indeed needs fast lens. So , I do have now a problem :
I am set to get a 25/1,8 (the PL 25/1,4 is over my budget) , and finally realised that I am not willing to pay the price of a 15/1,7 PL even if I'd like the angle of view (I used a 20 on 1,5 crop and liked it)

The problem is that the 14/2,5 isn't fast enough -or is it ? I'd rather use a 28mm than a 34mm being wider , but I think I need the 1,8 of that 17mm ...mmmmmm I am frequently shoot relatively dark indoors like churches/cathedrals but also smaller places.

I am very attracted to the Oly 12/2 being also smaaall. I liked the 16mm on 1,5 crop, which is a 24mm equivalent .....But not attracted by the price , even SH ☺

I have to decide .... What sets of primes do you prefer ?

I currently have an EM-1 for adapting my old Olympus DSLR E-series lenses and for the excellent Leica/Panasonic 15mm and 25mm lenses. I bought the camera for the lenses.

First step , for low light ,I'll probably go to a twin set ...
17/1,8 and 25/1,8 from oly plus the 14-42 II kit
plus mf for longer lenses , wich I allready have : FDn 50/1,4 FDn 85/1,8 Fuji X EBC 135/3,5 only have to get the adaptors ....

wishful thinking : the 12/2 from Olympus:):)

Back