How do you carry your Super Ikonta IV?

Koolzakukumba

Real men use B+W
Local time
7:37 AM
With the IV having no strap lugs, what's a photographer to do if he doesn't want to carry the camera around in its leather case? Is there a solution out there short of having lugs installed? I'd rather use a shoulder strap than a wrist strap but either is better than having no strap at all.

Bruce

With the IV having no strap lugs, what's a photographer to do if he doesn't want to carry the camera around in its leather case? Is there a solution out there short of having lugs installed? I'd rather use a shoulder strap than a wrist strap but either is better than having no strap at all.

Bruce

Dear Bruce,

Big pockets. Easier in winter than in summer.

Cheers,

R.

It might yet come to that, Roger. I'm trying to pluck up the courage to have the camera case split in two by drilling out the rivets holding the top half in place and replacing them with press studs instead. That way I could just use the bottom half of the case with it's built-in shoulder strap. I'm never too keen to mess about with old, original stuff, though: seems a touch sacrilegious. I'm hoping some ingenious types on the RFF have cobbled something workable together.

I 'settled' for the Super Ikonta B 532/16 many years ago, before they got into fashion online.
It has strap lugs and an uncoated 2.8 Tessar lens to boot. :cool:

It might yet come to that, Roger. I'm trying to pluck up the courage to have the camera case split in two by drilling out the rivets holding the top half in place and replacing them with press studs instead. That way I could just use the bottom half of the case with it's built-in shoulder strap. I'm never too keen to mess about with old, original stuff, though: seems a touch sacrilegious. I'm hoping some ingenious types on the RFF have cobbled something workable together.

Go for it! I fully sympathize with trying to keep things original, but more and more I sympathize with keeping them usable.

Cheers,

R.

I sacrificed my full case and made it into a half case by trimming off the offending areas. Those will be self evident when you look at the case. Then I cut the easily broken leather strap off and used a conventional, modern strap. The Ikonta case has metal lugs to hang the new strap on.

Which strap did you use for the Super Ikonta?

Which strap did you use for the Super Ikonta?

I sacrificed my full case and made it into a half case by trimming off the offending areas. Those will be self evident when you look at the case. Then I cut the easily broken leather strap off and used a conventional, modern strap. The Ikonta case has metal lugs to hang the new strap on.

I'm trying to figure out which strap to use on my Super Ikonta B (532/16). Which modern strap did you end up using?

Back