How does the finder of the Olympus SP compare to RD and RC?

retinax

Well-known
Local time
1:07 AM
Hello,
The title says it all. I'm wondering of the finder is larger on the SP, if so that could compel me to try one. I've realized that the RD is too small to comfortably hold for my hands and the finder is a bit small, too. On the plus side the finder is small enough to work well with glasses, but if the SP finder is larger, I wouldn't expect it to be that much anyway. I have both the RD and RC, which are about the same, to compare to.

I've owned an SP and seen through the RD and RC. SP is definitely the best, the camera is simply larger. I assume the baselength is also longer but don't quote me on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The SP is larger and with a greater magnification, easy to determine with one camera on each eye. The RC and RD are identical in size and mag. I don't wear glasses so can't comment in that regard.

Thank you! I thought so, the eyepiece looks larger, but couldn't find the comparison anywhere. Now I'll keep my eyes open for an affordable one. Too bad, the RDs seem to have gone down in value over the last ten years, as I can unload that then.

Just don't expect any night-and-day differences in usability. They differ in detail, but not that much. It's not like the difference you'd see if you picked up a (more expensive) Minolta CL or Voigtlander Bessa R2 or R3.

Back